What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windows Tiles

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does anyone else wish we had a flipboard style display for our apps like on the windows display? I prefer to flip through my apps with them automatically updating rather than to have open them individually. Im not sure I enjoy having all the apps on the display with folders. Am I alone in this view?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure I understand exactly what you are looking for, but you can flip through open apps by using four fingers to swipe sideways across the screen.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
I_luv_Apple

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'd prefer a main page rather than all apps. Like this

Last edited by a moderator:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Get a Windows RT or Windows Pro Tablet.

OP
I_luv_Apple

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Get a Windows RT or Windows Pro Tablet.

I might just do that as soon as they provide the means for me to use the apps, books and music I own on other devices. Thanks for the response, although I was hoping to engage in a more meaningful conversation about what changes may happen to the software now that they have made changes to the management structure. Apple has to change more than the external design if they are to compete with their competitors.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nothing we say here will impact what apple does and I highly doubt they will follow MS. I agree that iOS needs a refreshing, but be careful what you ask for; adding the wrong features could make iOS all laggy like the others.

OP
I_luv_Apple

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Nothing we say here will impact what apple does and I highly doubt they will follow MS. I agree that iOS needs a refreshing, but be careful what you ask for; adding the wrong features could make iOS all laggy like the others.

Wow! I didn't think of that. That's so true.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Are you talking about how you can look at albums in music player, but for the OS?

Attachments

• image-3687380522.jpg
    image-3687380522.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 262

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
zstairlessone said:
Are you talking about how you can look at albums in music player, but for the OS?

Should have watched the video eh? :)
I do like the way the music app on my 4s works (screenshot from before)

Most reactions