What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windows domain server.

Draven2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, can I add my ipadAir to a windows domain network ?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
From what little I know, the answer is a bit of yes and a bit of no. Mostly it depends on what the IT department has set up. It may require a VPN (Virtual Private Network) setup, or having your iPad managed by the IT department.

In the end, you need to contact your IT support people and see if they have anything in place, and what you have to do to gain access; if it's allowed at all.

Even if you join the network, you probably won't be able to access all the services you are used to getting on the computer.

Good luck.

OP
D

Draven2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From what little I know, the answer is a bit of yes and a bit of no. Mostly it depends on what the IT department has set up. It may require a VPN (Virtual Private Network) setup, or having your iPad managed by the IT department.

In the end, you need to contact your IT support people and see if they have anything in place, and what you have to do to gain access; if it's allowed at all.

Even if you join the network, you probably won't be able to access all the services you are used to getting on the computer.

Good luck.

Ok thanks. Would be good if someone could tell me a little more about whats need to be done with my ipad to get this to work.
But is there a possibility to get several users to my ipad(like in windows). One account for my children and one for wife etc..

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
iOS does not support multiple users. The best you can do is lock down some of the feature using the Restrictions settings (Settings > General > Restrictions). If you do this, be sure to write down or remember the restrictions passcode.

There are also some apps that will store files, pictures, etc. under a password lock. For those files you might want to keep on the iPad that are not child compatible.

Another feature worth considering is Guided Access (Settings > General > Accessibility). This mode lets you lock the iPad to a single app; useful for when you want to let a child use a game or learning app without the danger of them changing something else on the iPad.

Last edited:
OP
D

Draven2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iOS does not support multiple users. The best you can do is lock down some of the feature using the Restrictions settings (Settings > General > Restrictions). If you do this, be sure to write down or remember the restrictions passcode.

There are also some apps that will store files, pictures, etc. under a password lock. For those files you might want to keep on the iPad that are not child compatible.

Another feature worth considering is Guided Access (Settings > General > Accessibility). This mode lets you lock the iPad to a single app; useful for when you want to let a child use a game or learning app without the danger of them changing something else on the iPad.

Thanks man . Very helpful.

Most reactions

Latest posts