What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

windows console

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
is this possible?

from the ipad to log into a pc, but just get explorer window to access files but not show up on the pc, so sort of in the background?

any programs that can do this?

SterAllures

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't really understand the question,
But what about FTP(File Transfer Protocol)?

or Teamviewer file sharing, don't know if you can select only file transfer on iPad.

Or Maybe FileBrowser

Last edited:

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Meaning spying on someone? If you have shared folders on the target you can access files using Air Sharing HD.

OP
addiosamigo

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No not spying! My own computer. Say my gf is watching a DVD and I want access to a file.

I think something like airsharing would be a good way. Would I be able to transfer the file though?

twikoff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
there are plenty of RDP and VNC apps
lots of ways to remote control into your machine

although rt clicking sucks

OP
addiosamigo

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks twikoff but i dont want to do it that way, i want to access files rather than the computer itself.

filebrowser works really well, and will support mutiple file transfer which will make it brilliant, thanks for the recomendation sterallures.

i tried to setup air sharing (setup a sftp on my windows machine) but it keeps saying access denied, any ideas??

cheers

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No not spying! My own computer. Say my gf is watching a DVD and I want access to a file.

I think something like airsharing would be a good way. Would I be able to transfer the file though?

yes you can log into a computer on the same network as you and grab files...as a matter of fact if you have another iPad on the same network and have Air Sharing open on both you can actually transfer files between them.

OP
addiosamigo

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes you can log into a computer on the same network as you and grab files...as a matter of fact if you have another iPad on the same network and have Air Sharing open on both you can actually transfer files between them.

thanks, I got air share working with the sftp, i needed the root to be c: not c:/. is this the only way? using sftp?

i've got an iphone as well, how would I transfer files accross to each other??

cheers

also i was using filebrowser and my iphone came up under bonjour but I couldn't log on to it, what would be the username and password?? is this in itunes??

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts