Windows 7, iTunes and Ipad...HELP!

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by iPadMomma, Jan 23, 2011.

1. speedlever

speedlever
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Let me tack onto this thread with a related question about the iTouch.

Yesterday I was trying to update my daughter's iTouch from 4.1 to 4.2.1. iTunes and the iTouch burped and next thing we know iTunes puts the iTouch in recovery mode. Uh oh.

This is on a Windows Vista/32 PC running two 60 GB drives. The iTouch is a 64GB/4G model.

She had the iTouch almost full (about 2 Gb free)... mostly apps... 1000 or so with some music, some photos, and videos. I'd made a fairly recent backup of her iTunes folder to an external drive.

We can recover the apps and music she got from the iTunes store by going to history and snagging them again. But I can't find anywhere that her photos and videos might be stored in the backup.

Any ideas? I suspect they are just gone.

Yes, this time we'll also sync her iTouch to her XP/netbook too. At least it has a 160GB drive.

Please don't get me started on iTunes. I find the iPad a near computer due to being shackled to iTunes and no USB ports. (but I still enjoy my iPad!)

2. iPadCharlie

iPadCharlie
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Videos are in the same folder as all your music in a folder name... (are you ready for this?)... Movies! You may have to go into iTunes and use the Add Folder option.

All you photos should still be on your PC where you originally had them... unless you (or someone!) deleted them off your PC after you transferred them to your iPad.

3. speedlever

speedlever
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Well, not exactly. What I'm referring to are the photos and videos she made with the iTouch. Not photos and videos sideloaded to the iTouch.

I can't find any of her photos/videos she made with the iTouch. Not sure where the iTouch stores that type of file.

It may be too late to attempt a recovery if the backup I made didn't include those files. And if not, I'm not sure how to include them in the future.

I can see the iTouch on my win7PC under Windows Explorer. I also have a little PC app called iPhone Explorer. But we've already done the restore since after the burp, the only thing showing on the iTouch screen was the USB cord connection instruction like you see on a brand new iDevice.