What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Windowing" on iad2

superfish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm considering a jailbreak. One of the things that would interest me would be to "window" or run two app at the same time.

Example: I often have a document with numbers that I would like to add. It would be really helpful to be able to bring up the doc and then run a calculator in the corner of the screen.

I really don't think this is possible but hope springs eternal.

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There was a thread specific on Quasar not long ago. Try to find it and read it as the general opinion was that although promising, the tweak still needs some work.

You may want to make sure before spending your tener.

OP
superfish

superfish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WOW!! That is Nifty (that's a technical term used in many engineering circles).

At last I've found a reason to jailbreak. Not today though. Started early cocktail hour. Must have clear head.\

Thanks for the information.

bp

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you need reasons to jb? Check out xbmc. Oh man, I am in love with that app.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Please consider however... Quasar, as cool as it is, is not perfectly stable. IOS was not designed for windowing, and it is not all it's cracked up to be!
I'm a diehard jailbreaker, but flicking back and forth between 2 stock apps using multitasking gestures works on a stock iPad and is pretty effective! Having "windows" is not the utopia you think it might be :)

OP
superfish

superfish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yah....But. I'm not wanting to open a whole flock of windows. I just ant to get a couple up so I can add some numbers.
bp

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wanted quasar for exactly the same thing. And it works ok for that.

The problem was that it started annoying me when I did not need it for that and every time you want to activate it or deactivate it you need to respring.

Maybe a better solution is the sbsettings calc, although still not ideal.

OP
superfish

superfish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just to finish this up and to say thank-you again.
I did the jailbreak with no problems (after i read the instructions more carefully).
Installed Quasar. It works fine for me.

Thanks again I'm off in another world.

bob

Most reactions

Latest posts