Will you buy 2nd gen?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Carl, May 30, 2010.

1. iamfudge

iamfudge
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I was thinking the same thing!

2. petermillard

petermillard
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    My plan was always to pick up a mid-range 1st gen model, use the six months or so to iron out the kinks in the workflow, then pick up the more 'complete' second gen. My money's on a webcam, a RAM boost, possibly a processor speed-bump, and an increase in capacity at the top end to 128Gb (possibly keeping the 16Gb as the entry-level but with a price cut, though I'd be surprised) - or any combination of the above, and not necessarily all at once!

Anyway, I'm in for a second gen, as long as there are clear benefits over the one I'm typing this on ;)

Pete

#42 petermillard, Jun 1, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  3. Itzxdjx

Itzxdjx
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I plan on keeping the 1st gen forever! it's my first one. Helln yeah I'll buy 2nd, 3rd, 4th even! I'll end up rotating!

4. Carl

Carl
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    If it dose have a camera I'd want it front facing only for webcam conferencing :D

I love the ipad :D

5. epb

epb
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Blame it on Apple's business model with the iPhone. . I've had a LOT of people tell me they like the iPad, but they'll wait until the nicer, cheaper 2nd generation so they don't get burned again, like when they bought the first iPhone.

6. Wolffmann34

Wolffmann34
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    If Steve Jobs says I should buy it, I just do. I can't help it, it's like a disease.

7. epb

epb
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    You think you're kidding. I was using mine in a meeting today and someone called me an Apple fanboy. One of my co-workers burst out laughing - he's an Apple fanboy and has been arguing the benefits of Apple products for years; he found it hilarious that one Apple purchase made me look as bad as him. :D

8. Wolffmann34

Wolffmann34
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    WOW!! I never thought of that. The first iPhone was almost as lame as a Droid compared to the current iPhone.

And the iPad is incredible, if they could make the same level of improvements to it... just imagine how fantastic it would be.

But I don't expect to see the same level of improvements since a lot of the iPhone R&D has helped the iPad be so great at launch.

9. pallentx

pallentx
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I dont think that model applies to the iPad. The iPhone was Apple's 1st such device with this OS. The iPad basically is the current, latest and greatest iPhone. The iPad processor going to the phone (4th gen) is the iPhone catching up with the iPad. I dont see anything radically changing on the near horizon when Apples cutting edge devices are still in the process of being released.

10. epb

epb
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I agree, but I wasn't caught up in the iPhone thing. The people that were are a bit gun-shy. I think the next generation will have a camera and more storage, for the most part. While the latter is what I care about, I can get by with my 64GB for a while.