What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will whistile work for the ipad 2 3g

jhood2323

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have seen so many reviews on whistle being able to work on wifi /3g. I need to know who has actually walked around using this on the 3g plan(at&t). I could completely get rid of my phone finally. Only to use it in case of emergencys.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its wrks perfectly on ipad 1. I have my own whistke number for my ipad. Wrks , no matter 3g connection or wifi. All it needs is an internet connection. Itll wrk on ipad2 also. No reason why itbshouldnt. I wouldnt use it to completely replace cell phone though. If ubhave minutes plan thn whistle is good to help save ur ninutes. Id use whistle as te backup emergeny line. Plus uncan have ur whistle number forawrded to ur cell phone. Lets say someone calls ur whistle phone nnu dontnpickup, itllautomatically forward tour cell phone n ur cell phone will rig.

OP
J

jhood2323

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the review but don't you have to give them some type money and do you have a 3g ipad

OP
J

jhood2323

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Basically its a phone app that allows an ipad/iphone/ipod touch the ability to be used as a phone over wifi/3g connection. But i need someone that has a 3g ipad to chime in on this. Because i'm stuck on getting ipad 2 3g or ipad 2 wifi only tethered to my lg optimus v

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No money is needed at all. Its a free app. It lets u have a free number for ur ipad to make n recieve free voip calls. I neva had to pay any $$.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
3g connection from my phone wrked fine. Juss wirelessly tether ur mobile phone ti ipad to get internet connection, connect, then startup whistle phone n u cgood to go. Ur ipad will have its own personal number, plus now u can have the number in same area code where u live. Call forwarding to cell phone free also. Veryyyy easy to setup whistle number and call forwarding if u wish. This is the type tech stuff i love about the ipad. People be like WTF, u makin phone calls wit ur ipad, i b like, u damn right i am...lmfao ;-)
U can also facetime on 1st generation ipad heres the link
iFacePad: Enable FaceTime on iPad the Easy Way | Redmond Pie

OP
J

jhood2323

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks i will have my review up on youtube friday night showing how to do this for all that want to know

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks i will have my review up on youtube friday night showing how to do this for all that want to know

Thatll be good. Make sure to post the link or actual video here in this thread. Would definitely help those who dont know about this cool feature or how to set it up. Great idea!

Most reactions

Latest posts