Will there be another iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by taddle, Apr 9, 2012.

1. paulvalerio

paulvalerio
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I will stick to Apple for my tablet requirements, and Samsung for my phone use. The bottom line is that the tech in iPads is supplied by Samsung, if Samsung wasn't a viable threat to Apple, they wouldn't pursue so many lawsuits. I love competition, eliminating it and creating a monopoly would be horrific. Choosing a device from the Galaxy line shouldn't be hard or confusing, research the device, compare, make a decision. I did when researching tablets and picked Apple over Samsung and Asus. I don't care what people say, a huge part of Apple's appeal is it's popularity, when I bought my iPad, I bought that notoriety. When I bought my Galaxy Note, I also bought that notoriety and popularity of the product. Who doesn't love owning the hottest tech on the market.

Sent from my White Galaxy Note

2. AQ_OC

AQ_OC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    There is a huge third party development community for Apple stuff, not just considering apps, either. This is another reason I chose Apple this go around. Also, and I think this is very important to anyone who uses these devices for more than surfing the web, it is so much easier to get support when you need it for an Apple product, at least for me. I live in a city with an Apple store. I had a problem with my iPad 2 on a Monday evening. The screen was locked in one orientation and would not get free. Advice here was finally to take it in. That's when I found out there is an Apple store here. Made an appointment online for 10am the next morning to see a genius. Had a brand new ipad in 20 minutes. I didn't miss a beat. Otherwise, I would have had to change up my workflow on the following Wednesday. No telling how long to get it fixed. And the frustration on talking to a tech support person on the phone would have driven me nuts, as I can't deal with techs treating me like I have the IQ of a rock.

As for researching Samsung, man, they have a lot of models. I shouldn't have to look them all up. What if I miss one and then learn of it after I have bought an older one? Rubbish. I do agree that Samsung makes good stuff, though, so if I were to go Samsung I would just buy the top of the line device. But their strategy of filling the market with many different versions is whack and is not going to work for them. It's like they don't believe in anything. Put your effort into one really good device - or two maybe if they are different enough - and price it well. Then market the hell out of it. I already know who they are so I'm not even that much of a hard sell for Samsung. Quit iterating so much. Gosh...I they just released two new version of their Galaxy player..and 4.2 inch model and a 3.6 inch model. Price difference of about $50 and different tech in the screens. Then there is a new Galaxy 7 inch that is different from the other one they had. Again, different tech in the models so you have to really pay attention. That's a lot of spec searching just to figure out what you need. Not even considering other brands. Nuts.

3. Seadog

Seadog
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Samsung is an enormous conglomeration. The company that makes the screens and other parts for Apple, is not the same company that makes the tablets. It is like the auto industry. Many of the major manuafacturers have companies that are suppliers to many of the other manufacturers. The company that Apple is suing for patent violation is not the same one making the components. and since the technology in the screens made for Apple, is not the same as what they sell to the Samsung tablet group, there is not a conflict of interest. In fact, Apple is supporting Samsung's research into technologies that will benefit the Galaxie tablets.

4. iPhoNettie

iPhoNettie
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ok, now THAT was high-larious! Lmao!

5. taddle

taddle
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    As a member of Mozilla support , I don't have problems with tech support, i just tell them that I'm in the mozilla support team, am quite high up and know what I'm talking about.
    Sent from my iPod touch using iPF

#55 taddle, Apr 12, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  6. biobunny

biobunny
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Sorry if this has been mentioned before but here's what I think. I think that Apple is trying to make the iPad like Macs. Because there aren't many ways for the iPad now to get really better (like from the 1 to the 2). So without a numbering system, there will be less attention to improvements and therefor Apple can do what they can do to the Mac. Give silent hardware upgrades. Apple in the future will merge the Mac and iOS, except it will take a long time.

Sent from K48

7. AQ_OC

AQ_OC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    I'll use that line next time....but there won't be a next time because I NEVER call tech support. :)

#57 AQ_OC, Apr 13, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  8. taddle

taddle
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I rarely call, but when my the hub from my ISP dies, I can't fiddle other than the available settings because it's against the conditions of them renting the equipment

Sent from my iPod touch using iPF