What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will there be another iPad?

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
augustya said:
But how many of you guys think that there will be a iPad-4 if for nothing else. Like if not for the A6 chip, not for the 128 GB space not for other features but for going slim. Just as they did from iPad-1 to iPad-2 !

Seriously dude, the 3 is just as thin as the 2. It fits in most of the same cases and peripherals.
Why do you think that an iPad that is 5 mm thin would sell better?

There are better and easier ways to sell more iPads and apple should really concentrate on those.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad will be with us for a long time. Features will change to keep up with technology. Voice features are not a big thing. If the carriers want to allow it, and it has a positive gain for Apple, all that is needed is for iPad owners to get a bluetooth headset. Even the original iPad had the capability. The issue is that with voice ability, the iPad will compete with cell phones and could cut into that market. And with the pay as you go data plan for iPads established, they could start a riot by insisting on contracts with iPads. Look at how much iPhones cost without contract, and how much money the carriers charge for voice and data services. The typical iPad with cell service is only $30 on a pay as you go service.

Voice usage is in minutes and data usage is in Mbps. Yet is it essentially the same general animal. The big difference is that as data speeds go up, the amount of data per second goes up. So if you were being charge by the minute of air time, you reduce the amount of time you might be on the network, but increase the amount of data. Voice is so low tech, that in terms of data transmitted, it is really small.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
But how many of you guys think that there will be a iPad-4 if for nothing else. Like if not for the A6 chip, not for the 128 GB space not for other features but for going slim. Just as they did from iPad-1 to iPad-2 !

You are kidding, right? Maybe I just don't understand you. It seems as if you saying that perhaps there will be an iPad 4 whose only real feature is going slim? Never in a million years. Apple would be laughing stock of the entire planet if they did something like that. Zero chance.

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MoonlitSonata said:
How can you hate someone you never knew?

Maybe hate is the wrong word. Despised mainly then. I did not know him personally but I knew enough about him.

My comment was more about this thought some have that apple device users are all sucked in by the cult of steve jobs and that is not the case.

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You are kidding, right? Maybe I just don't understand you. It seems as if you saying that perhaps there will be an iPad 4 whose only real feature is going slim? Never in a million years. Apple would be laughing stock of the entire planet if they did something like that. Zero chance.

But they did that with iPad-2 coming from iPad-1 ! Didn't they ?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
augustya said:
But they did that with iPad-2 coming from iPad-1 ! Didn't they ?

The iPad 2 introduced a whole raft of improvements over the original. It wasn't just about slimming it down.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The iPad 2 introduced a whole raft of improvements over the original. It wasn't just about slimming it down. Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini
Well, Yeah I mean, There was a Camera upgrade aswell in the iPad-2 ! So will the iPad-4 have to go through a complete Over Haul to exist is that what u r suggesting ?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
augustya said:
Well, Yeah I mean, There was a Camera upgrade aswell in the iPad-2 ! So will the iPad-4 will have to go through a complete Over Haul to exist is that what u r suggesting ?

I don't think it will necessarily be an overhaul but there might be some significant updates. More storage, new connector, more 4g support, better front camera, who knows, maybe even 3d (hope not).

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
augustya said:
Well, Yeah I mean, There was a Camera upgrade aswell in the iPad-2 ! So will the iPad-4 have to go through a complete Over Haul to exist is that what u r suggesting ?

I believe Apple are working on a Steve Jobs resurrection app which will be the highlight of the keynote speech when the iPad 4 is announced.

They have also taken on board users complaints about the extreme weight of the iPad and are presently working with scientists from CERN and the LHC in an attempt to perfect antigravity, so that future iPads will float in air.

There is, however, a rumor that Samsung have patented the use of such technology and are building an iPad killer with a 27" retina display that is only half a millimeter thick. Prototype models come with a wheelbarrow to contain the batteries.

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
They have also taken on board users complaints about the extreme weight of the iPad and are presently working with scientists from CERN and the LHC in an attempt to perfect antigravity, so that future iPads will float in air.

So there is a possibility that iPad-4 may be more thinner than any of the iPad's so far ! BTW Float in the Air lol ! is that a Reality :p

???

OP
taddle

taddle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
England, United Kingdom, the Northern Hemisphere,
paulvalerio said:
Galaxy Tab? It's nothing like a phone. Now if you were referring to the Samsung Galaxy Note.....yea it's def a hybrid. I would love to see Apple make a larger iPhone and a larger iPad. Apple will produce new products each year because the formula obviously works! 100 billion dollars proves it. That being said, why not name a new product after Steve Jobs? The phoneJob, iJob, Stevepad......or just Job....I can see it now.....everyone lined up to get a "Job" it would revolutionize America and end the recession.....lol!

Sent from my White Samsung Galaxy Note

Oops, galaxy note. I was sleeptyping (not literally)

I quite like to see Apple come up with a bigger iPad with a place for an SD card, a more computer like iOS and a lot of others apple just didn't do.

As for the job thing, I wish that'd happen over here and us Brits would finally beat the polish to the queue in our county. No racism intended, but almost every person putting things on the shelf in a store is polish, I've met 2 British bus drivers

Sent from my iPod touch using iPF

altimax98

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's one really important thing to recall. The more devices you have of the same or similar caliber the more fragmentation that naturally happens.. For instance..

iPad has one setting and the iPhone has another. Those properties are always consistent, if it's an iPhone 4 or 4S or a iPad or 2 or 3. The screen format, size, general dimensions remain the same. If they change the iPhone 5 to a larger format and then have a phablet and 7in model of the iPad app devs now have 5 different devices to build for and the quality will quickly drop. Apple would be smart to keep a 10in model and maybe a 7in suped-up e-reader like device.

I pray they don't pull a Samsung and have 10 different galaxy tab like devices at the same time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Most reactions

Latest posts