What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

will there be an external webcam for the ipad 1 in 2012?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read it on gizmodo 1st time and there wasn't mentioned about video , and then I checked ink given in same page, there was detail and mentioned about a video rec , I tried but cannot find that link again , and yes it was mentioned sold out on that page as well...I was thinking as we'll if there is no video rec then it's use less , so I specially confirmed that it's offering video rec...as you know it not difficult to make a camera video , where as its already still one....

If I see any reviews, I'll post links on this thread. How about you do the same?

If it does video and gets decent reviews, I'm going to give one as a gift to someone with an iPad 1.

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
If I see any reviews, I'll post links on this thread. How about you do the same?

If it does video and gets decent reviews, I'm going to give one as a gift to someone with an iPad 1.

They mentioned as for kids, so not sure about performance ...

amcowell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If anyone does find out how to get a webcam working with the iPad 1 let me know. I want to use the iPad for Skype and really don't want to trade it in for the iPad 2 just to do that. Thanks!

192maz37

iPF Noob
Reaction score
will there be an external webcam for the ipad 1 in 2012? i incredulous no one has come up with an after market solution for such a glaring omission from ipad1

I agree, many people have the iPad 1, and am sure would like an external webcam. Think the iPad is over-rated and overpriced. A USB port would be good as would a longer charging cable, maybe these are available for the 3rd generation - haven't checked that. As yet.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
192maz37 said:
I agree, many people have the iPad 1, and am sure would like an external webcam. Think the iPad is over-rated and overpriced. A USB port would be good as would a longer charging cable, maybe these are available for the 3rd generation - haven't checked that. As yet.

Longer charging cables are already out there, in lengths of up to 10'.

Most reactions

Latest posts