What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

will there be an external webcam for the ipad 1 in 2012?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This thread is becoming quite interesting with all these thoughts and ideas. Everything starts with an idea!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The idea is for an external web camera that people want to use with Skype, etc., (so that people can see the person with an iPad 1, despite no camera), not that people want to stream video from a security camera to an iPad, which you can do with many security systems. (I use such a security set-up at my second home, and can view from iDevices and PC.)

I read about Camera A Camera B a while back on some tech blog and checked it out because I have iPhone and iPad. The app lets you use your iPad to view what's on your iPhone camera screen before you take a photo on your iPhone (like using your iPad as a giant viewfinder).

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well when there was only iPad one , I read on some tech blog , if you have iPad and an iPhone ..you can use iPhone as a cam for your iPad....never tried ..any one experienced ? Well am planing to go for iPad 2 , instead of thinking so much about having external cam :)

OP
Squeezebox4jazz

Squeezebox4jazz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
3rdphotonsound.com
I have invented things, and gone through the process of taking something from an idea to the market.

Since there are aftermarket companies who produce docks and adapters such as Scosche, and many others who have successfully established a brand as well as channels for successful distribution, why not one one of them?

Yes, development may be a cost, but if the market demand is perceived as worthwhile, then it is a good bet for investing some time into it. Establishing and driving a market presence and reputation is the expensive part in comparison to development, prototyping and beta testing.

I would be interested to know how many iPad 1 units are out there in the world? Not to mention all the cameraless iTouch units.....

Are there any stats on the iPad 1 sales life cycle?

Just because it doesn't exist doesn't mean there is no need. If Apple gear is "all that", then there are many years of enjoyment still left in the not so obsolete iPad 1 units.

I remain curious and hopeful.

Bill

OP
Squeezebox4jazz

Squeezebox4jazz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
3rdphotonsound.com
Also, one more thought... What about those micro-spy cameras, clip-ons, or pocket cameras? These are small optics that draw very little power.. Why not something like this?

NNugroho.P

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Squeezebox4jazz said:
will there be an external webcam for the ipad 1 in 2012? i incredulous no one has come up with an after market solution for such a glaring omission from ipad1

I want to install webcam connecting with my ipad1 64GB wifi/bluetooth , is it possible ? If possible how to install it ? Thanks a lot.

robster2644

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well the camera I went for was as rechargeable one that was no bigger than 2cm thick and about 3 inches long. The connection to the camera was mini USB.

All I needed was an after market lead to connect it to the iPad/iPhone and of course the app it's self. Which was very simple.

But it would of worked, just ran out of money and time.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Here Is a 30in external camera ..enjoy

Attachments

• image-1308527263.png
    image-1308527263.png
    246.3 KB · Views: 11,293

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Video enabled, check out this companies web page..

Please provide a link so everyone can see. Every tech blog I follow that has reported it has reported that it only takes stills, and the company hasn't got it on its site, which is why they all link to some other site that sells it.

You said you were keen on getting one, so about you review it here when yours arrives?

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thanks, I saw that one before and noted that its phrasing is odd and unlike other tech blogs, which led me to wonder whether they ever saw or tried the camera. The site they linked, which has the camera sold out, doesn't mention video, and I checked out the maker's website and the other similar cameras they make don't do video. (It looks like they repackage the camera with different children's cartoon characters?) It'll be interesting to see an actual review of the camera.

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
Thanks, I saw that one before and noted that its phrasing is odd and unlike other tech blogs, which led me to wonder whether they ever saw or tried the camera. The site they linked, which has the camera sold out, doesn't mention video, and I checked out the maker's website and the other similar cameras they make don't do video. (It looks like they repackage the camera with different children's cartoon characters?) It'll be interesting to see an actual review of the camera.

I read it on gizmodo 1st time and there wasn't mentioned about video , and then I checked ink given in same page, there was detail and mentioned about a video rec , I tried but cannot find that link again , and yes it was mentioned sold out on that page as well...I was thinking as we'll if there is no video rec then it's use less , so I specially confirmed that it's offering video rec...as you know it not difficult to make a camera video , where as its already still one....

Most reactions