What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will the smart cover leave marks?

Hopper200456

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello.

I recently got a Smart Cover for my iPad 2 and after having it for a couple weeks I started to want to take it off for some games and for other reasons. But if I continue to take it off and put it back one again will it start to leave marks on the iPad?

Thanks, -Hopper

Last edited:

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hopper200456 said:
Hello.

I recently got a Smart Cover for my iPad 2 and after having it for a couple weeks I started to want to take it off for some games and for other reasons. But if I continue to take it off and put it back one again will it start to leave marks on the iPad?

Thanks, -Hopper

The smart cover where it attaches via the magnets, if you look close, has rubber bumpers on it so I don't think you need to worry about it marring the iPad case from constant on and off removal.

quake5254

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But every time I check the sides, there are black marks. I tried to rub it off with my thumb and it's still there. I used a damp cloth and it's gone. It must be dusts getting collected and being rubbed constantly between the magnets leaving marks behind.

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just wanted to make sure because aluminum on aluminum will leave grey dust behind I just want to make sure you had the pads on it.

quake5254

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PaulCarleton said:
Just wanted to make sure because aluminum on aluminum will leave grey dust behind I just want to make sure you had the pads on it.

Thanks Paul for the info.

Most reactions

Latest posts