What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will the IPad Fizzle out?

Reaction score
Why is it that so many people seem to think that they owe us poor iPad fans an insight into what is wrong with Apple and it's products. Is it jealousy, hatred, or stupidity? I just wish they would come up with some different to complain about.

I don't understand why so many get their panties in a bunch if someone states a perceived flaw. Is it insecurity within themselves?

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad

dutch81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Interesting replies. If I had to go back I would never buy the ipad.
Long story but there are several very good and fun music making apps that I'm happy to have and exist nowhere else. So for those I'm glad I have it and I can create music with it. I'd like to create programs on it though. Without allowing access to developers to create compilers and apps capable of producing executable files then there really is no future for the ipad. How many variations on type,paste pic make pdf are there? Interesting responses.

:D

Hey, I'm looking to invest in an ipad2 for a couple apps like groove maker, i-rig, vocalive and this app that mimics an mpc beat sampling program. I want to make my own beats to sell and use and use irig and voca for recording and sfx. Which musifc apps do you use and love? Do u have an imac or mac book? Do u use the ipad with any DAWs like p.t. or cubase, fl? I can't decide on a pc or mac laptop for pro tools 9. I am leaning towards the mac book as a lifetime pc user for the sake of the music apps which I love on my ipod touch 32gb. Do the music apps have features on the mac machines that aren't available on pc version? If so ill shell out the extra money on a mac book. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Robert121

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad should have all the functionalities of a Laptop plus iphone to stay in the market for a long long time.

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Robert121 said:
iPad should have all the functionalities of a Laptop plus iphone to stay in the market for a long long time.

The technology to put a laptop into something the size of an ipad does not exist yet. Besides, i don't want to carry extra weight around.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well... BASIC isn't about programming, it's writig Spaghetti-Code and losing track of what you did within days.

Modern Development systems require a lot of computing power which a tablet just doesn't have. Therefore, you won't find a proper Dev-Kit for any tablet that runs on the device itself.

If you want BASIC though, you can always get the old Commodore-BASIC from the Appstore.
I've got it on my iPad. Looks nice and it was fun to do some IF THEN / FOR TO things.
Brings back a lot of memories. But in today's world it's like trying to take a stagecoach on the interstate, it just doesn't make sense.

There's also Basic! which interfaces to some of the iPad's sensors - such as the touch screen and accelerometers.

So....

ACCELCALIBRATE
LOCKORIENTATION
BallX = ScreenWidth/2
BallY = ScreenHeight/2
BallR = 10
d = 4

loop:
BallX = BallX + AccelX*d
BallY = BallY + AccelY*d

IF BallX < 0 THEN
** *BallX = 0
END IF
IF BallX > ScreenWidth THEN
** *BallX = ScreenWidth
END IF
IF BallY < 0 THEN
** *BallY = 0
END IF
IF BallY > ScreenHeight THEN
** *BallY = ScreenHeight
END IF

CIRCLE BallX, BallY, BallR

IF Touch=1 THEN
** *ACCELCALIBRATE
END IF

GOTO loop

or

REM Doodle!
loop:
IF Touch=1 THEN
** *CIRCLE TouchX, TouchY, 10
END IF
GOTO loop

Great fun....

Tim

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
There's also Basic! which interfaces to some of the iPad's sensors - such as the touch screen and accelerometers.

So....

ACCELCALIBRATE
LOCKORIENTATION
BallX = ScreenWidth/2
BallY = ScreenHeight/2
BallR = 10
d = 4

loop:
BallX = BallX + AccelX*d
BallY = BallY + AccelY*d

IF BallX < 0 THEN
** *BallX = 0
END IF
IF BallX > ScreenWidth THEN
** *BallX = ScreenWidth
END IF
IF BallY < 0 THEN
** *BallY = 0
END IF
IF BallY > ScreenHeight THEN
** *BallY = ScreenHeight
END IF

CIRCLE BallX, BallY, BallR

IF Touch=1 THEN
** *ACCELCALIBRATE
END IF

GOTO loop

or

REM Doodle!
loop:
IF Touch=1 THEN
** *CIRCLE TouchX, TouchY, 10
END IF
GOTO loop

Great fun....

Tim

Eh! Showoff!

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I did basic over twenty years ago, but got remission for good behaviour......

OP
D

Doggie55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, I'm looking to invest in an ipad2 for a couple apps like groove maker, i-rig, vocalive and this app that mimics an mpc beat sampling program. I want to make my own beats to sell and use and use irig and voca for recording and sfx. Which musifc apps do you use and love? Do u have an imac or mac book? Do u use the ipad with any DAWs like p.t. or cubase, fl? I can't decide on a pc or mac laptop for pro tools 9. I am leaning towards the mac book as a lifetime pc user for the sake of the music apps which I love on my ipod touch 32gb. Do the music apps have features on the mac machines that aren't available on pc version? If so ill shell out the extra money on a mac book. Any feedback would be appreciated.
I've only got an Ipad(1g) and a Touch(4g). I highly doubt I'll be buying any other apple products. Just more money than I got to spend hence the desire to have a decent and capable BASIC on the ipad. Makes some kind of sense no matter which side of the fence. :confused:
As far as music apps I love do a search for the word "sequencer" or "synthesizer" and I have just about all of them. I recommend SynthX for jamming and either "Music Studio" or "50in1 Piano" for sequencing.
Garageband(esp at the ridiculously low price) is good too to easily get a chordstructure down then go into pentatonic scale on the guitars and have at it. Much bang for little buck.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm6KKvhjwkg[/ame]
An example I put up at YouTube

Last edited:

dutch81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would any of those programs u listed possibly help me create/ produce hop hop beats/songs?

The piano one sounds interesting as id like to use piano sounds in the beats.
I don't have any instruments but plan on buying controllers/keyboards from avid and learn basic chords for melodies/hooks etc. Thx again.

cogboot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just as a matter of curiosity, how and where does one create an app?

Thanks.....

k7lvo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am happy that the iPad does what it does. It's allowed me to check my company email while my windows pc at the office tries to restore itself to before the latest critical update.
Ain't THAT the truth? How many "personal settings" can one person have??? :p

Most reactions