What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will The ipad Be Outsold By Windows Tablet?

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hey that thing look great! Kinda socked it to the iPad fanboys!

I wouldnt call myself a fanboy, but I am an iPad fan. I own one. If the Sahara Slates were $700 and had a 10hr battery life, I probably would have bought one instead of the iPad. Right now, MS or any of its hardware partners dont have anything that competes with the iPad on price, battery, and usability.

I think they are absolutely capable of it - they are probably 70% there already. The TabletPC platform just need more work on the interface and more deals on the business side to make it affordable.

The next couple of years should be fun.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No one wants to navigate the start menu and command prompt type things with their finger.
lol no one uses a command prompt in windows and the start menu is very usable on a touchscreen. The big problem is mouse-oriented things like scroll bars, tiny toolbar buttons, etc. Scrolling was the biggest beating for me by far on the Tablet PC. You have to use the pen or your finger to tap the tiny up and down arrows. Its frustrating to see something with so much potential get such half-assed development. Hopefully the iPad motivates them to perfect what they have started. I wont hold my breath - until then, I'll enjoy my iPad.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bill gates is on record as describing an iPad type tablet several years ago. However, it took Apple to make it. Zune was to be the ultimate answer to iPod. It is toast. No one, not one manufacturer, has come up with a legitimate contender to the iPhone. Not that there are not good smart phones out there, but when was the last time one of those sold 600,000 in less than a day before it hit the stores?

If MS or anyone makes a better tablet, fine. Until then, iPad rules.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The Zune HD is great, but it was too little too late. The focus of the MP3 player market had already moved to phones. I expect them to do the same with the slate tablet, but perhaps they've learned a lesson from the last few years. MS practically invented the smartphone and the Tablet, then sat back and let them die. They have the resources to get it done, but lack the leadership.

OP
Ultrimate

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Math said: Why on Earth are you even on this forum? Your posts have been nothing but incendiary and trying to mix up trouble since you got here. There is a word for that: troll.

---------

I'm not a troll loser, I asked a question you calling me A troll makes u look like a troll..

I don't knock apple, I have an iPad and love it, and even if windows came out with a tablet I will keep my iPad, even tho there are things I hate about apple, like it makes you install iTunes and u have to have a credit card to install iTunes, just so that will make it easier to buy apps and music, and movies thru iTunes..

I don't know of no other company that makes you input a credit card just so you can install the OS..and use ur product, even as greedy as MS IS, THEY NEVER make u input a credit card to use ur product..

OP
Ultrimate

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well, you should know that competition is the main reason why companys lower their price in their products also is why they make them better faster, to compete..

if it wasnt for competition and comcast was the only high speed internet provider they would still be charging 39808954 dollars a month for their service..

so welcome competition becuz Apple will make it better, faster and with a smaller price tag..

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
well, you should know that competition is the main reason why companys lower their price in their products also is why they make them better faster, to compete..

Thanks. Maybe next you can help us with that whole supply/demand thing.

Back when I was in college and you were likely a gleam in your dad's eye one Saturday night, we were given an example about the importance of innovation in business. They talked about a carburetor company that went under, despite a stellar reputation and excellent quality in their products. So what happened? Everyone moved to fuel injection.

Apple didn't invent the tablet market. Similar products have been out there for years. They made the first successful one because they innovated, rather than simply trying to make a pc with touch capability grafted on. And as long as those companies keep attributing their failure to win the market to "Apple fan-boys" rather than poor products, the less likely it is we'll see a winner come from them.

A quick perusal of this forum for non-trolling purposes would tell even the most obtuse Apple-hater that about 50% of iPad buyers here (like me) never owned an Apple product before. That's a large part of why this forum is growing so quickly - it's attracting people that didn't have an established relationship in the Apple community already. The real Apple "fanboys' already had websites to go to.

OP
Ultrimate

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know,, I'm one of them, I never owned an apple product b4, except when I bought an nano had it for an hour, seen that u had to use iTunes, and returned it.. Imm a drag n drop knida guy..

And I'm proud to be a gleam in my dads eye, whatever that means.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Microsoft, nor any other company had the faith to bring out an iPad when it was an unknown. The pundits predicted a good years run would be 3-5 million. They have already met 3 million units in less than three months. They are on track to produce up to 15 million in its first year. The iPad is a great success, and Apple deserves all the kudos for that. They took the big gamble and made it pay. The idea that someone else can step in with a copycat and beat its sales is not likely.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The expression is " I was doing X before you were a gleam in your father's eye", meaning I am a lot older than you and have been doing this for longer than you have existed. The correct response is "Yeah, but I learned how to do it right".

Most reactions

Latest posts