What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

will the ipad 2 be sold out

Nugga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone do you think the Ipad 2 will be sold out at march 11 or at anytime in the near future?
I'm going to USA in the start of April, and i have plans to buy one over there. So should i preorder it to make sure i get it? Or should i grap one from a reseller when i get over there?
The fact is that the dollar is getting cheaper, so i might save a few bugs by waiting, but i don't wanna risk not getting on just because i didn't preorder

Chriztofor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone do you think the Ipad 2 will be sold out at march 11 or at anytime in the near future?
I'm going to USA in the start of April, and i have plans to buy one over there. So should i preorder it to make sure i get it? Or should i grap one from a reseller when i get over there?
The fact is that the dollar is getting cheaper, so i might save a few bugs by waiting, but i don't wanna risk not getting on just because i didn't preorder

There are enough Ipad owners out there that will probably not upgrade to the Ipad2. You should be fine.

OP
N

Nugga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea i had the same thoughts, but nobody knows how many Ipad 2 Apple actually have ready for selling march the 11'th.
Anyway did the Ipad 1/1'st gen sell out?

jhood2323

iPF Noob
Reaction score
$500 to $830 is not something the common man or woman keeps on them

pencerm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
$500 to $830 is not something the common man or woman keeps on them

This was my thought as well. I'll be in line that morning to get one right at five, but I think someone who is unable to go int he morning should be able to go after work, etc. and get one with no problem. You may have to try a few stores but you should be okay. There are four retailers selling them on launch day, then you have to subtract the people who are not upgrading.

Also, like jhood said, when it comes to a $200 iPhone, people have that kind of cash. When you're talking about a $500+ dollar iPad, people don't just have that kind of money to throw around unless they've been saving for this for a while (like myself). You'll be fine.

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hard to say.

My girlfriend bought an 32gb wifi iPad 1 hours after the lines had died down on launch day, and they were apparently around for a few days after that. Then they were pretty hard to find around here for a few weeks.

Demand could be higher this time since it's a hot gadget now rather than a new one that many were skeptical about. But at the same time, there's probably lot of people sticking with their iPad 1s.

I'm just going to order online since I can't line up anyway.

jhood2323

iPF Noob
Reaction score
X2 most people still think 400 is too much for the ipad 1 and with 4 major retailers selling them. It shouldn't be hard to find especially with 9 models releasing

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They expect the iPad 2 to outsell the iPad 1 in initial sales. While there will not be as much an issue with lines, the shear number of retailers involved will allow them to have a very good start. They also know now that there is a demand for them, so they had more on hand to start.

There should be no issue with finding what a person wants except for a few situations where they might have to look for a particular model.

Most reactions

Latest posts