What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will jailbreaking help my issue?

araine86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I jailbreak to Cydia will it allow me to just drag and drop images to my ipad2 without it having to sync and over ride everything since I use mutliple computers? Or if not, any ideas or suggestions? Thanks!

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes. But it is not as easy as a flash drive.
Do you want a tutorial?
The reason I ask is because tutorials are long and hard to make so I want to ask before I do all that work. :D

OP
araine86

araine86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
YES omg a tut would be awesome! And would it work going from PC to MAC as well? THanks Graywolf!

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, tutorial.

Download openssh from Cydia.
Download winscp for windows http://winscp.net/, or cyberduck for Mac. http://cyberduck.ch
In the username box goes the iPad's ip address. (you can find that in settings, wifi, tap the blue arrow next to the network you are connected to)
Password is alpine.
Now, from the computer with winscp or cyberduck, just drag and drop pictures into the iPad.
To make the pictures show up in the photos app, download ifile from Cydia and open ifile.
Scroll down until you see your pictures. Tap the blue arrow next to a picture. Scroll down to the bottom of the window that pops up and tap "add to camera roll". Then just swipe and delete the picture.

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And if you have a Mac and wanna do the tutorial above wirelessly, without those apps mentioned, just get netatalk from Cydia.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Poser said:
And if you have a Mac and wanna do the tutorial above wirelessly, without those apps mentioned, just get netatalk from Cydia.

I've never had a Mac so I don't know. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts