What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

will ipad kill traditional newspaper sales?

Diesel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mountainbikermark said:
I think newspaper killed itself by it's content or lack of. I remember when the Shaw and Iran was falling my local paper led the news with leaf raking tips and no mention of the big news. It was about then I started looking for alternate sources though they didn't show up for years.
Add in that most stories are late by the time 5 am rolls around when I read mine, that just made the Internet sources much easier to decide to peruse vs paying for a newspaper

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved

Ditto,

I don't want to turn this into a political thing but papers, no matter your political view are all bias. Thus only reporting what they them selves supported or altering the story etc. So it became not only easies to access what need on the net but I'm able to find info on both sides of a story giving me the ability to decide for my self.

Diesel

Reaction score
Well I think its more about ad revenue than politics but it has gone haywire. Again it is more about their choice of what is news worthy than how they spin it and if Circuit City had a full page ad coming up on Sunday they'd be much less likely to front page a story that Circuit City might not be in business on Monday due to poor business practices
Never have I seen a very poor revue in a magazine of a product advertised in it.
Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Diesel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mountainbikermark said:
Well I think its more about ad revenue than politics but it has gone haywire. Again it is more about their choice of what is news worthy than how they spin it and if Circuit City had a full page ad coming up on Sunday they'd be much less likely to front page a story that Circuit City might not be in business on Monday due to poor business practices
Never have I seen a very poor revue in a magazine of a product advertised in it.
Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

You're right, I'm just spouting off another reason for the decline of the traditional paper.

OP
aihna

aihna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
myself i think TV news is the real culprit since the advent of CNN and 24 hours news channel i bought less news paper.

Most reactions

Latest posts