What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

will ipad kill traditional newspaper sales?

aihna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
when i got my ipad it became more of a way to reacquaint myself with newspaper and to rediscover them. how about you? did you find the ipad resulted in buying less newspaper?

AJTaliesen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It would have, except I stopped reading paper years ago. The web is a superior forum. More choice, plus the option of looking things up yourself if you suspect the reporter is wrong.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I do read more news now that I have an iPad.

greener

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are few and far between unbiased newspapers any more, most Have an agenda to sell the public instead of telling both sides of a story

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have not touched a paper magazine or newspaper since 1991. All of my reading needs have been through computers and now an IPad and IP. I have been working with computers Since 1984 at a young age and never looked back.
Days of buliten boards were fun.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a newshound and have read online news instead of print for about 15 years. I spend more on news now, because I pay for sites with paywalls.

mobi1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So far iPad has not changed anything!

It is the Apple fanboys' illusion that iPad will change everything in the world :)

Newspaper has been affected already by web news.

bettafan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think printed newspapers are out . . . at least in my home. I am cutting down on clutter and paper, etc. Reading on the web is fast and easy and you can check things out with search engines and truthorfiction.com. I like the pictures and videos the web offers, too.:)

Diesel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
I think the computer killed traditional newspaper sales a long time ago. At least for me it did.:)

This,

News papers started feeling it a long time ago with computers. Devices like smart phones and tablets are just the final nails in the coffin.

akintomide

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The pages of newspapers contain some adverts that are not in the digital part. The iPad makes it easy for one to forget the Newspapers.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, not yet

at least for me. I read at least two, sometimes three paper newspapers every day but also have a whole folder of news sources on my iPhone and iPad. I scan 6-7 "i" news sources as time and breaks permit. I still haven't adapted to the iPad's method of presenting magazines and, although I subscribe (Zinio) to two, the family has probably 12-15 paper subscriptions as well. They appear in various bathrooms and bedrooms throughout the month with stacks in the family room.

I find iBooks very useful and have read a number of them on the iPads.

Reaction score
I think the computer killed traditional newspaper sales a long time ago. At least for me it did.:)

I think newspaper killed itself by it's content or lack of. I remember when the Shaw and Iran was falling my local paper led the news with leaf raking tips and no mention of the big news. It was about then I started looking for alternate sources though they didn't show up for years.
Add in that most stories are late by the time 5 am rolls around when I read mine, that just made the Internet sources much easier to decide to peruse vs paying for a newspaper

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved

Most reactions

Latest posts