What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will I need to buy monthly plan for ipad or can I use home Wifi?

zoofee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also, I am looking at a ipad on ebay described as:

Apple iPad 16GB 16 GB w/ Wi-Fi

It is very cheap, is this one ok?

Thank you for your help!

lok222

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if you bought "wifi" only and not 3g
there is no "monthly"

unless you don't have a wireless internet setup at home

ipaduser434

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only models that offer a monthly plan are the WiFi/3G models, and even then, you don't have to sign up unless you need/want it.

A model offering just WiFi will do just fine on your home network.

KJSmitty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zoofee said:
Also, I am looking at a ipad on ebay described as:

Apple iPad 16GB 16 GB w/ Wi-Fi

It is very cheap, is this one ok?

Thank you for your help!

In my neck of the woods 16gb wifi only pads go for $300-$350. Snagged mine for $260.

As for the wifi it will work free on your own router/wireless device in your house as well as all other open wifi hot spots throughout the world. :)

Rgsp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They all have WiFi. You only need a monthly plan if you want to use the 3G. This would be in instances when you want to surf the net and do not have access to WiFi. The one you describe on Ebay sounds like it is a model without 3G so there will be no need to have a monthly plan. Even if you get one with 3G, you still dont have to use it, therefore no monthly plan. I dont.

KJSmitty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Any iPad has Wifi inbuilt, so you can connect to your wireless network.

Whether the iPad 16GB is good for you depends on your usage. For storing music and a couple of movies it might be too small.

For reference,

My daughters 16GB iPad has about 350-400 songs, 6 movies and about 60 apps and it's at 15.5GB. Sinc'd it myself last night thus know first hand. Thus it can hold plenty in my mind for the typical user. :)

Cheers

Most reactions

Latest posts