1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

will i be able to use my orange 3g ipad in italy??

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by ejordan, Mar 30, 2012.

1. ejordan

ejordan iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi everyone,
    I might be going to Italy in summer this year and I want to know if I need to do anything before being able to use my Orange 3G iPad, Internet and all, when I go there.
    All help appreciated!
    Thank you!!
  2. therealriley

therealriley iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    Yes save a fortune because it will cost you a bomb! The problem is unless orange offer a data package to use abroad it will be charged at extortionate prices. Make sure you turn data roaming off. Personally I wouldn't bother but speak to orange see if they will help and ask them to set a usage limit. Hope this helps.
  3. ejordan

ejordan iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks very much, this has calmed my fears about my iPad and calabria as orange are generally v helpful!!
  4. hashman

hashman iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    turn off the 3g would be my advice
    you will get wifi almost everywhere if you are in a major city, so unless you are in some country side, there should be no issues
    other option would be getting a local pay as you go data sim: get a phone sim as ipad specific will be more expensive

keep your passport handy: they might need it to sell you the sims