What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

will i be able to use my orange 3g ipad in italy??

ejordan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I might be going to Italy in summer this year and I want to know if I need to do anything before being able to use my Orange 3G iPad, Internet and all, when I go there.
All help appreciated!
Thank you!!

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes save a fortune because it will cost you a bomb! The problem is unless orange offer a data package to use abroad it will be charged at extortionate prices. Make sure you turn data roaming off. Personally I wouldn't bother but speak to orange see if they will help and ask them to set a usage limit. Hope this helps.

OP
E

ejordan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks very much, this has calmed my fears about my iPad and calabria as orange are generally v helpful!!

hashman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
turn off the 3g would be my advice
you will get wifi almost everywhere if you are in a major city, so unless you are in some country side, there should be no issues
other option would be getting a local pay as you go data sim: get a phone sim as ipad specific will be more expensive

keep your passport handy: they might need it to sell you the sims

Most reactions

Latest posts