What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will folders remain after a restore

bernadettecb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have over 8 gigs in "other" on my ipad -I am down to only 4 gigs left out of the 32 so from what i read i need to do a restore. I have never done this and want to make sure that if i do an icloud backup, then do a restore, will everything come back in the same folders. It would be a tremendous amount of work to put everything back in folders.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have over 8 gigs in "other" on my ipad -I am down to only 4 gigs left out of the 32 so from what i read i need to do a restore. I have never done this and want to make sure that if i do an icloud backup, then do a restore, will everything come back in the same folders. It would be a tremendous amount of work to put everything back in folders.
You will note from J. A.'s informative link that you will only get 5 gigs free. Anymore for backup requirements will involve you in cost. It's the old adage... Any problem can be fixed if you throw enough money at it. :)
Andrew

Sent from my iPad Air2 using Tapatalk

OP
B

bernadettecb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wow that sounds interesting-hopefully it will work on the ipad. i think though i will start with a simple restore but good to have a back up. thanks for posting

OP
B

bernadettecb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You will note from J. A.'s informative link that you will only get 5 gigs free. Anymore for backup requirements will involve you in cost. It's the old adage... Any problem can be fixed if you throw enough money at it. :)
Andrew

Sent from my iPad Air2 using Tapatalk

AndrewJPoulain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another great idea is to clean junk files from your device. I use Battery Doctor by Beijing Kingsoft and it works wonders for clearing out garbage that fills up on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.

Andrew Joseph Poulain

OP
B

bernadettecb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you - i will have to keep that in mind if it happens again
i did a system restore whch worked fine and all my space is now back

Most reactions

Latest posts