What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Engraving ur ipad2 kill the resale??

Chriztofor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only thing i can see engraved that wont effect resale is to engrave "iPad 2" since that is not seen anywhere on the ipad 2.

Except that it does say "iPad" a bit further down already. It's like, well, duh.

You are missing the point, I am against engraving BUT if he HAS to engrave it, might as well be something somewhat useful. Apple rocks or Apple is #1 or whatever, just won't appeal to a lot of people.

mx1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jezz guys

he can always just out one line through the engraving then place his initials above it.

works on police reports, has got to work on an iPad....right?

Lifet1me

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think engraving the IPad2 with anything makes a scar in the Original.

No one needs a damn engravement unless u sit in a circle with 10 people, everyone got an Ipad, and decide to exchange Pads for a minute totally random... guess no one is going to do so.

And u dont HAVE to engrave it.

Still there will be cool engravements like before said "Bill Gates" or "Steve Jobs" but after all engraving ur pad doesent mean anything but trouble once u gonna resale it.

No engravement for me, the IPad speaks for itself, everyone knows it and the most know that it is a freaking powerfull stylish thing, no need to additional engrave, same could be about a Porsche 911.

No need to engrave the original i say

mx1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think engraving the IPad2 with anything makes a scar in the Original.

No one needs a damn engravement unless u sit in a circle with 10 people, everyone got an Ipad, and decide to exchange Pads for a minute totally random... guess no one is going to do so.

And u dont HAVE to engrave it.

Still there will be cool engravements like before said "Bill Gates" or "Steve Jobs" but after all engraving ur pad doesent mean anything but trouble once u gonna resale it.

No engravement for me, the IPad speaks for itself, everyone knows it and the most know that it is a freaking powerfull stylish thing, no need to additional engrave, same could be about a Porsche 911.

No need to engrave the original i say

the problem with your argument is that it does not take into account creative people that dont want to sell their iPad....

mine most definitely needs engraving, it would not be complete without it. Do you know how I know this, because it is mine, and that is how I want it

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think engraving the IPad2 with anything makes a scar in the Original. No one needs a damn engravement unless u sit in a circle with 10 people, everyone got an Ipad, and decide to exchange Pads for a minute totally random... guess no one is going to do so.

A dent/scar on a device is quite a different proposition from a professional engraving job, and one cannot be compared to the other at all (unless you're in the very tiny, eccentric minority who feels that exterior damage to a device enhances its value.)

Engraving is a very nice way to personalise one's device, especially if you are not planning to ever sell or give it away. Nothing "damning" about it at all.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well there could be some siggies that would bring a high value like:

"Top Secret"
"Property of the CIA"

Or,

"Apple Prototype Department":)

Anything doing with celebrity signatures could become a commodity.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you engrave your bank account and credit card details on it it should raise the resale value

I'd do that but fake it using the Swiss bank account number from "The Bourne Identity" or some other obscure reference.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How about the best of both worlds, print your own iPad skin......

I have a customized skin from Zagg (printed on their "military grade" scratch-proof material), and I also have an Oberon Design leather folio case which I had laser-engraved with my name. (iPad itself is mint condition.)

Most reactions

Latest posts