What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Engraving ur ipad2 kill the resale??

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It will definitely hurt.

Especially if you engraved with your name and contact info. A random quote or something will hurt less than that, but may still deter some people.

Engraving may delay shipping as well.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
"Dear Mommy, thanks for everything from your loving Schmookins" yeah probably.

Seriously though, if your concerned about resale value, get an awesome case and no engraving. The tiniest blemish decreases resale value. That is the general rule of everything.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It depends on what you engrave on it. A personalized message could hurt the resale (or at the very least give the buyer a reason to beat down your asking price) but a cool image/logo/etc would be a unique selling point.

ksn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
a cool image/logo/etc would be a unique selling point.
To maybe 1 or 2 bidders, and a turn off for the rest, in the case of an auction, which would still hurt your final resale value.

Don't lose the box/manuals. Smart cover box can probably be tossed out, depends how OCD you are.

mx1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
stayfly24 said:
Meaning selling it on Craigslist or eBay later on.......

If you engrave your bank account and credit card details on it it should raise the resale value

The Archangel

This is great news as I had that plus my Social Security number engraved for free.

Apple said it was a bad idea, but do they know

OP
S

stayfly24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol, Nah I'm thinking of something that could increase the value like "Apple Rocks" or something like that

Chriztofor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol, Nah I'm thinking of something that could increase the value like "Apple Rocks" or something like that

The only thing i can see engraved that wont effect resale is to engrave "iPad 2" since that is not seen anywhere on the ipad 2.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only thing i can see engraved that wont effect resale is to engrave "iPad 2" since that is not seen anywhere on the ipad 2.

Except that it does say "iPad" a bit further down already. It's like, well, duh.

Most reactions

Latest posts