1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Will 3ed Party Web Browser Apps Speed up with iPad2?

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Greg G, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Greg G

Greg G iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I have been reading about how the new version of safari is much faster than the old one and wonder if this will also result in speed improvements (beyond the impact of the CPU bump) for the 3ed party Web Browser Apps. I use iCab Mobile due to the additional features it provides and it is pretty close to Safari in speed. I assume that they are using the same underlying libraries as Safari and it is a matter of avoiding adding stuff that slows things down. If this is the case then we should see improved browsing on all fronts.

-Greg
  2. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,983 / 1
    If they don't already, I'm sure the third party browsers are only small update away from taking advantage of the new code.