What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wildcat fix

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have tried to download full force from Cydia it will give you some kind of wildcat error. I used file to add wildcat to springboard's k4ap plist and it KILLED my iPad. It wouldn't boot. Springboard crashed and it just sat there for 30 minutes mocking me with the greenpoison fancy boot logo. DO NOT DO THE WILDCAT HACK!!!! I had to do a restore with iTunes. :(

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
gsc.wildcat a flag/register that tells iOS 4.0 an later devices how to handle opengles-2 graphics

On an iPhone 3G/s it’s disabled an this sets the Power VR chipset to do fullscreen antialiasing with a lower texture resolution

On an iPad an iPhone 4 it’s enabled an this disables the fullscreen antialiasing an sharpens textures for the higher res displays.

If u enable it on a 3G it does nothing as the Power VR chipset only supports opengles-1 an wildcat is a opengles-2 extension

If u enable it on a 3Gs it makes the textures look sharper on some games but does real bad mip mapping in the distance an also disables full screen antialiasing.

If u disable it on an iPad or iPhone 4 it does the opposite it adds fullscreen antialiasing bit lowers texture sharpness.

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gsc.wildcat a flag/register that tells iOS 4.0 an later devices how to handle opengles-2 graphics

On an iPhone 3G/s it’s disabled an this sets the Power VR chipset to do fullscreen antialiasing with a lower texture resolution

On an iPad an iPhone 4 it’s enabled an this disables the fullscreen antialiasing an sharpens textures for the higher res displays.

If u enable it on a 3G it does nothing as the Power VR chipset only supports opengles-1 an wildcat is a opengles-2 extension

If u enable it on a 3Gs it makes the textures look sharper on some games but does real bad mip mapping in the distance an also disables full screen antialiasing.

If u disable it on an iPad or iPhone 4 it does the opposite it adds fullscreen antialiasing bit lowers texture sharpness.

Interesting....

Most reactions

Latest posts