What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wild iPad day

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Spent the last ten hours on the road with my iPad being my sound system for the first eight hours, playing through my car stereo. Only went down to 83% for the eight hours and we never shut it off during that time. Even tried some mapping and several times checked email.

Got home, started to watch Criminal Minds and Penelope Garcia handed out iPads to all of the crew. When asked where the funding came from, she said "Don't ask, I did a thing". Hotch replied, "We'll talk about the thing later".

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With a laptop, your always thinking "Do I have enough juice to get this done".

With the iPad, you just use it. Battery life is the furthest thing from your mind, as it should be.

When people say I wish the iPad had this or that, I agree as long as it doesn't hurt the battery life!

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Indeed it's one of it's greatest strengths.
Wasn't surprised when I read a report that the MBA loses two hours of battery life when it plays flash......

tosh.jc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Agreed! I'm all for having new features added, but if it compromises my battery life even a little, I'm not interested. I'm perfectly happy with my iPad's current features (not too frustrated by its limitations), especially the worry free battery life.

OP
Seadog

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Every day it seems that I am finding new uses for the iPad. Two days ago, I was showing a security expert about montoring issues, using Google Earth to see all the angles. Watched a saleman using an iPad to demonstrate projects they had done, and showed a bunch of photos I had taken. Then when asked, it was a simple thing to click on a picture and e-mail it to people.

Today, I was needing to gas up, so I used the iPad to check local prices and found that I can see a map with all the prices. Found out that the nearby Sam's club had a gas station I was not aware of, and the price was $0.15/gallon cheaper than the ones I was aware of.

kwgrimes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
got home, started to watch criminal minds and penelope garcia handed out ipads to all of the crew. When asked where the funding came from, she said "don't ask, i did a thing". Hotch replied, "we'll talk about the thing later".

love it!!!:d

Most reactions

Latest posts