What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wifihacker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russells iPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to be able to connect to a router on my construction site I don't know the code too.. Is there a cydia app to get around the code?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Russells iPad said:
I want to be able to connect to a router on my construction site I don't know the code too.. Is there a cydia app to get around the code?

Can't you just look on the router, the code is normally on the bottom/back of the unit?

The Archangel

Exspyguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is the ssid broadcast?

There are a couple of hacks by wazowski that will enable you to join if the router admin used the default wep password. They are brand specific so you will need to know what kind it is.

OP
R

Russells iPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's a BT business hub, but I don't want one only for that router.. I wanna hack my college one aswell, which is a net gear I believe..

Basically I want a wifi hacking app that will hack any router.. I saw a video on YouTube for one called "I wifi hacker" but can't find it in cydia app store

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Don't be rash as you will not only be stealing bandwidth but may have access to commercial information. Firms don't take kindly to that ..........

Reaction score
It is impossible to get around the code.

In case the network uses WEP, it might be possible to crack the password, as the encryption is not secure. However, if WPA/WPA2 is used, then Bruteforce is the only way to find out the password remotely. But I can assure you that no device you own has enough processing power to guess a WPA password in a reasonable timeframe.

There are alternative methods, but the only realistic solution is to capture some traffic, compile a brute force script and then run it on a cloud service, such as Amazon. Around 2 month ago, someone posted about doing just this and was able to guess the password in ~20minutes.

Bottom-line is, if you don't have access to a device which is already connected to the wireless network, obtaining the key is complicated, will cost money and is most likely illegal.

That said, if you have access to a windows pc/laptop connected to the wireless network, you could run WirelessKeyView, it shows all wifi passwords stored by Windows.

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
Actually, it is very illegal. Doing this in a residential area will result in arrest and at best a misdemeanor. Doing this in a corporate area will result in arrest, termination from the job and jail time. There is also the possibility where the company can go at you with corporate espionage which is a federal crime and will result in even more jail.

If the person in charge of the device says no, sorry about your luck.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Discussion of illegal activity will not be tolerated on this forum.

Thread closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts