What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wifi

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've noticed if my wifi crashes or has to be reset I have to forget the network and rejoin it. Is this normal?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It doesn't sound TOO abnormal, but another thing you might try is to Renew Lease once you have your network up again. That can sometimes force the network to be reestablished without going to the trouble of starting from scratch.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't had that prob. My husband even recently upgraded our router and used the same name and password as on our old router, and our iDevices automatically signed onto wifi on the new router.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I took this to mean that the router is causing problems, Kay, leaving the iPad unable to rediscover the network. Maybe a new router would be the way to go for the OP. I know I'm getting on better with my new one, although I've never had issues such as the one mentioned here. Mine was just lacking a bit of range.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I took this to mean that the router is causing problems, Kay, leaving the iPad unable to rediscover the network. Maybe a new router would be the way to go for the OP. I know I'm getting on better with my new one, although I've never had issues such as the one mentioned here. Mine was just lacking a bit of range.

Yes, understood. I never had to forget my network even when router had probs -- just reset the router and iDevices remembered network and password automatically. And even after we upgraded our router, iDevices remembered and automatically signed onto the new router because my husband used the same network name and password.

OP
rhardin

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip Kevin I will try that next time, this only happens if the power goes out or the wifi is reset, it's not a every day thing...

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No problems here at all...............
I have (3) security cameras, (3) computers, iPad, TV, Blue-ray player, etc all on our network and once in a while I need to reset the router as the cameras don't come back on.
Never had a problem with any of them not automatically reconnecting.

You might need to check into a new router if it continues.

Most reactions