What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wifi

biller007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking for a ipad2 app that will let me use my iPad as a wifi spot for my pc. Preferably one that has been tested on ipad2. I tried the search but it came up empty. I know I read a thread with the name of one but I can't find it?

Can some one give me the name of one?

Thanks so much

OP
B

biller007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Even if there's an app to teather to it so I can use the 3G on my pc would be okay.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
MyWi and PDANet are the two most popular. Personally I use MyWi and it works a treat.

Hope that helps.

OP
B

biller007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the info mywi looks like the way to go. Has anyone used it on ipad2 3G ?

OP
B

biller007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Keel I bought it and set it up. At the start it tells me that there could be charges fro carrier for tethering. How would they even know I was tethering would the not just see my data usage?

Sorry if this is a stupid question.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There have been cases on AT&T on iPhone4 where they have challenged users for tethering without a tethering add-on.

On iPad it is much less likely as you specifically have only a data tariff, provided you do not blow your data allowance...

It really depends on your carrier as to what they monitor. MyWi is just trying to cover themselves by saying if you get caught tethering and your carrier requires you to pay for tethering then it is not their fault...

Most reactions

Latest posts