What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WiFi Sync

Wizee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I plug my ipad in to power and nothing happens. Checked settings/general/itunes wi-fi sync and it says (Sync will resume when my pc is available.
What am I missing, I have itunes set to sync on wifi. When I plug into pc, sync is ok.

vitamin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I plug my ipad in to power and nothing happens. Checked settings/general/itunes wi-fi sync and it says (Sync will resume when my pc is available.
What am I missing, I have itunes set to sync on wifi. When I plug into pc, sync is ok.
I am having the same problem.

kevguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have same problem.

If I plug my iPad or iPhone into the computer, it lets me sync over wifi. If I have it stand-alone or plugged into power only, the sync over wifi is greyed out.

kevguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does iCloud have to be enabled? As of right now, I am not using iCloud .

vitamin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After plugging in my Ipad, I checked the box under the summary tab that says "Sync this Ipad over WiFi. Home sharing also has to be on. I think it will work then. I do not believe there is a requirement to have iCloud enabled.

kevguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
vitamin said:
After plugging in my Ipad, I checked the box under the summary tab that says "Sync this Ipad over WiFi. Home sharing also has to be on. I think it will work then. I do not believe there is a requirement to have iCloud enabled.

Are you using windows 7?

JTMustang3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep it worked last night now mine won't go either! What if you only have one win xp computer why turn on sharing?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

kevguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
JTMustang3 said:
Yep it worked last night now mine won't go either! What if you only have one win xp computer why turn on sharing?

Still can't get it to work. Bummer!

indeana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It took me forever to figure this out earlier today. After too much searching on Apple's support website I finally found an Apple article that explains how to set this up. Here's what I remember the general sequence of steps being:

Use the USB cable to attach your device to the computer. Open iTunes. Select your device in the left pane. On the summary tab select synch with Wi-Fi. Unplug the USB cable (do not eject the device in iTunes.). Turn on the device's Wi-Fi. It may take seconds or minutes for iTunes to find your device. When it is found you will be able to start a synch either in iTunes or on the device under Settings --> General --> iTunes Wi-fi sync.

If my steps are not completely accurate try finding the steps on Apple's site.

Beerman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mine says the same thing.....sync will resume when <computer name> is available. It is available and plugged in. The Sync Now button is greyed out.
iCloud is working as is home networking. What's up?

Beerman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just figured it out. Plug your Ipad into your system and in the Summary tab of your device, go to Options and check the box "Sync with this Ipad over wi-fi". Click apply and then unplug the ipad and shut down iTunes. Plug the device into the power unit and start iTunes. Give it a few seconds then you should see the Sync Now button working. If you leave it alone for ab bit, it will sync on it's own.

JTMustang3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That worked thanks, but here's my beef, you still have to open iTunes, at least with cable it opens on its own.lol

Beerman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
For me, it's working but not correctly. First, even after I shut down iTunes and close the ipad cover, iTunes keeps reopening every few minutes on it's own.
And, with a battery life of 83%, unplugged, the ipad successfully syncs......not even plugged into the wall.

What I guess I have to do is to turn off wireless sync until I actually want to sync.

vitamin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Beerman said:
I just figured it out. Plug your Ipad into your system and in the Summary tab of your device, go to Options and check the box "Sync with this Ipad over wi-fi". Click apply and then unplug the ipad and shut down iTunes. Plug the device into the power unit and start iTunes. Give it a few seconds then you should see the Sync Now button working. If you leave it alone for ab bit, it will sync on it's own.

Way better job explaining than me.

Most reactions

Latest posts