What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wifi sync

ifrank01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since installing iTunes 11, I have been unable to sync via wifi. Sometimes my ipad or iphone will be recognized but when try to sync the device, it disappears from iTunes. The flag for wifi sync ( in iTunes) is set for each device. Sync works fine when device is attached to my PC.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since installing iTunes 11, I have been unable to sync via wifi. Sometimes my ipad or iphone will be recognized but when try to sync the device, it disappears from iTunes. The flag for wifi sync ( in iTunes) is set for each device. Sync works fine when device is attached to my PC.
Hopefully one of these suggestions will help: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4062

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Many have reported the inconsistency of Wifi syncing with their devices. I have also experienced this inconsistency. Sometimes it work and sometimes it doesn't. I have just learned to either back up to my cloud and also do a direct connect to iTunes using my USB cord.

OP
I

ifrank01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many have reported the inconsistency of Wifi syncing with their devices. I have also experienced this inconsistency. Sometimes it work and sometimes it doesn't. I have just learned to either back up to my cloud and also do a direct connect to iTunes using my USB cord.

Backing up on iCloud takes care of apps but not data or pictures not on camera roll, etc. you need to sync to get these sync'ed.
So one does not replace the other. Both need to be done.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Backing up on iCloud takes care of apps but not data or pictures not on camera roll, etc. you need to sync to get these sync'ed.
Not quite correct. This is what iCloud backs up: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH12519?viewlocale=en_US
This is what it syncs:

image-3688196201.jpg

Some of the data that can be synced:

image-4221569084.jpg

The link I posted in my other reply was for iTunes from version 10.5 onwards, so 11 is included.

Last edited:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So one does not replace the other. Both need to be done.

I do both-back up to the cloud and iTunes. However, your statement isn't quite correct.

Please refer to ja's helpful post.

Thanks and welcome to the forum.

Ski ~ iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

Most reactions

Latest posts