1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

wifi storage devices for ipad?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Missmouse3, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Missmouse3

Missmouse3 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Im still exploring my ipads workings & have been told a good accessory is a wifi storage device. Can anyone tell me a bit about these? Like can they act as an interface between my pc & ipad to transfer files etc instead of going thru the long winded itunes method?
    & which would be the best one to go for? I see they start around £60.

Ive also been told you can now buy a usb adaptor for the ipad - do these work ok?- Now THAT would be a really great thing if it did!

thanks in advance:thumbs:
  2. AQ_OC

AQ_OC Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +430 / 0
  3. Pinmac

Pinmac iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry to jump in on this but I am interested in this too. Am I right in thinking that the CloudFTP etc. don't have storage built but that you also need a separate drive to hold the data. I have been looking at the Buffalo Ministation Air which inbuilt 500Gb storage. Does anyone have any experience of this? Most of my photos and videos are ones I ripped myself so I would hope that the DRM issue mentioned wouldn't be a problem.