What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WiFi Solutions

Lanas19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, was wondering if others have Wifi issues...I can be in the same place in my house, sometimes the speed is so fast other times I can't even get a page to load. I sometimes have to move the iPad in several directions 4 it to work. I tried my iPhone at the same time and it's loads ASAP so I know it's nothing to do with the router. Any help is welcome...I get sooooo angry at the iPad sometimes bc of the Wifi it's nuts.

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Lanas,
I don't have any problems with my WiFi, but I live in a small apartment so there is no difference in signal strength between my family room and my bedroom. Doesn't your iPhone have 3G also, though? So it might be your router. I wouldn't rule that out just yet. I hope you figure out what's wrong!

OP
Lanas19

Lanas19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Really Don't Think It's The Router

Yes, I have the iPhone 4, this issue even happened with my iPhone 3. When I'm having a Wifi problem & use my iPhone 2 C what's happens the iPhone is showing that it's running off my home network, not Edge

OP
Lanas19

Lanas19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I searched online & it seems a lot of people have the same issue with wifi as me

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh, weird. I'm sorry you're having trouble. WiFi works fine for me. The real test will be when I go to my parent's house whether or not I'll have issues there, because my phone's WiFi does (but my brother's laptop doesn't). But like I said, so far at my apt, zero slowness issues. I hope it gets better for you!

Reaction score
Hi, was wondering if others have Wifi issues...I can be in the same place in my house, sometimes the speed is so fast other times I can't even get a page to load. I sometimes have to move the iPad in several directions 4 it to work. I tried my iPhone at the same time and it's loads ASAP so I know it's nothing to do with the router. Any help is welcome...I get sooooo angry at the iPad sometimes bc of the Wifi it's nuts.

Are your wifi "bars " strong in the dead spots? If not you may need to move your router.
In my house we had a cordless phone that was causing problems when it was being used. It's now gone. Sometimes interference from other signals can hinder your wifi.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

OP
Lanas19

Lanas19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hear what ur saying....My iPhone is right near me with a strong signal & the iPad won't load the page or very slowly. I try the iPhone and it loads fast?????
When I did a search online there are a lot of people saying the same thing. I thought I might find the answer here :(

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hear what ur saying....My iPhone is right near me with a strong signal & the iPad won't load the page or very slowly. I try the iPhone and it loads fast?????
When I did a search online there are a lot of people saying the same thing. I thought I might find the answer here :(
Sorry to hear about your network problems...how frustrating! For a number of reasons an iPad's network speed won't generally be as fast as a regular computer's (and certainly not if the computer is connected via Ethernet rather than WiFi). For instance we have a 25Mbps/25Mbps FiOS broadband connection. Our Macs generally hit pretty close to those speeds, however our iPad's best is always around 20/19. That kind of differential is pretty common for most folks.

Of course a lot of it will have to do with where you're using your iPad with relation to the WiFi source...expect it to drop the further away you get. Interference from other sources (including wireless phones, microwaves, cell phones, etc.) can cause problems as well. Security settings are a big source of problems...the iPad prefers WPA or WPA2 and many folks have their networks set to the older (and less secure) WEP.

Sometimes just rebooting everything on your network (modem/router/iPad) can resolve a network issue. Other times a modem firmware update is all that's needed.

If that doesn't do it, try giving some of these recommendations a try:

iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes!

OP
Lanas19

Lanas19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I changed the router settings to WPA2 and it seems to have a strong signal as of now......Thankssssssssssss

OP
Lanas19

Lanas19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
richsadams said:
Sorry to hear about your network problems...how frustrating! For a number of reasons an iPad's network speed won't generally be as fast as a regular computer's (and certainly not if the computer is connected via Ethernet rather than WiFi). For instance we have a 25Mbps/25Mbps FiOS broadband connection. Our Macs generally hit pretty close to those speeds, however our iPad's best is always around 20/19. That kind of differential is pretty common for most folks.

Of course a lot of it will have to do with where you're using your iPad with relation to the WiFi source...expect it to drop the further away you get. Interference from other sources (including wireless phones, microwaves, cell phones, etc.) can cause problems as well. Security settings are a big source of problems...the iPad prefers WPA or WPA2 and many folks have their networks set to the older (and less secure) WEP.

Sometimes just rebooting everything on your network (modem/router/iPad) can resolve a network issue. Other times a modem firmware update is all that's needed.

It worked....Thankssssssssssss

OP
Lanas19

Lanas19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
richsadams said:

It worked....Thanks so much

Sent from my iPad using iPF ***Lana***

Most reactions