WiFi Signal Strength APP?

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by ColtsSN, May 3, 2012.

1. ColtsSN

ColtsSN
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I use inSSIDer on my PC to measure signal strength inside my house. I just thought it would be nice to have the same capability with my iPad, plus it would be a lot more convenient.

I was just wondering if Apple ever addressed this or gave a reason why they won't allow the app. Skull One probably has the answer to my question.

Thanks!

2. Hayles66

Hayles66
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Expert

Thanks Received:
    I use Speedtest X HD Thats how i know that I rarely get more than 2 Mb/s. the joys of living in the country.

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

3. AQ_OC

AQ_OC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Frankly, I'm having a bit of a hard time accepting this. Anyone can use anything for the wrong reasons or in ways not intended. Apple can't police everything. I wasn't among the iOS crowd in the early days, so I have to accept your word as to why they pulled wifi detectors from the app store. It seems like a horrible mistake to me. No matter to me, though, as I have 3 other devices that have WIFI Analyzer installed, but others aren't as nuts as I am. :)

4. zphone

zphone
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    This is what tipped me over the edge to jailbreak my iPhone. Wifi analyzer is a wonderful tool. Not having it would likely tip me to start liking android more as my phone.

5. zipur

zipur
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I'm with you there. My contract is almost up and android phones are becoming attractive to me. They are getting great battery life, screen and app quality has really improved. Drap-n-Drop files to SD card for easy file management, These are little things but little things I would use a lot. I know, Dropbox, or a Wireless Hard Drives etc, but hey I got the phone right hear in my pocket. Don't get me wrong I love my iPad but...

"Post with pictures it helps everyone"

6. AQ_OC

AQ_OC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Just don't have a problem with one.....

7. zphone

zphone
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I definitely would not recommend to everyone, but got ice scream sandwich on my acer tablet today and have to say there is a marked improvement in user interface. I think it could make a really good phone os.

8. AQ_OC

AQ_OC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    It is a definite improvement, though I still get a lot of FCs. I still highly prefer it to HC. And I agree on a phone it would be sweet. But the OS is only one aspect of phone use...

9. zphone

zphone
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Yes, many people don't realize how much stability and predictability are important on their phones. That is one thing missing from ICS.

I've also noticed a few speed issues. In particular when I bring up the browser it's not immediately usable.

There are many good things about it also.