Wifi range

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by donka, Mar 17, 2011.

1. HowBoutThemPack

HowBoutThemPack
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    No, I haven't ever had my wi-fi drop completely. I honestly don't see a huge difference in speed when my connection lacks a little bit. Right now my router is on the top floor ( only because it's hooked to my main pc), and I'm on the opposite side of my house on the middle floor. My connection is about 65-75%. I just find it odd that it never can achieve full connection!

Sent from my jailbroken iPad2 using iPF

2. JodiJ

JodiJ
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    This morning I lost all Internet connection it is now 1 pm and the Internet just started again! I love the iPad but it can be stressful. I reset all my settings and shut the springboard down. I have tried everything. I hope this is not going to be an expensive fix. I have a small fortune invested in this iPad. JJ

Good luck everyone!

3. skimonkey

skimonkey
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    It sounds like the same home setting as mine-however, I am on the third floor and my router is 1st on the opposite side of the home. We just put in a new addition to our home, which creates more obstacles for the wifi signal to pass and connect. Brick walls, steel, other devices interfering all can contribute to reducing the signal. I do not know the actual wifi percentage for my iPad, but do reach about 80% with my droid phone. Whatever the percentage is for my iPad, I am pleased for what it does for me.

4. joeyteel

joeyteel
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Depending on the size of your home, that would be about right in those circumstances actually. Based on personal experiences you're not likely to have a full signal unless you're pretty close to the AP or directly under it.