What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WiFi question

SCCAguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why, all of a sudden, won't my iPad2 connect to my home WiFi?
the only thing that I can think of is thatbthe Cox cable guy was here today tom work on a TV issue.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why, all of a sudden, won't my iPad2 connect to my home WiFi?
the only thing that I can think of is thatbthe Cox cable guy was here today tom work on a TV issue.

Do you have a good network/broadband connection otherwise? If not the cable guy may need a call.

Sometimes just rebooting everything on your network (modem/router/iPad) can resolve a network issue. Other times a modem firmware update is all that's needed. As gray wolf mentions, deleting the network from your iPad and setting it back up again can do the trick.

If none of that works, try giving some of these recommendations a try:

iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes!

OP
SCCAguy

SCCAguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried turning WiFi in Settings off & on; tried turning iPad off & on, but it still won't connect.
it asks for my password and then just hangs there. Will try other things later, as I have to go out now.
Meanwhile, THANKS!

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried turning WiFi in Settings off & on; tried turning iPad off & on, but it still won't connect.
it asks for my password and then just hangs there. Will try other things later, as I have to go out now.
Meanwhile, THANKS!

Rebooted router?

OP
SCCAguy

SCCAguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
graywolf said:
Rebooted router?

What happens is I go to Settings and I see that the WiFi is not connected. So, I click on the name of my home WiFi & then it asks for my password. Most of the time the password is already in. Then I hit the "Join" key and nothing happens, and I am staring at the screen.

As to rebooting my router, it's a Linksys, and I am am not nerd enough to know how to do that.
Thanks for your input tho.

OP
SCCAguy

SCCAguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SCCAguy said:
What happens is I go to Settings and I see that the WiFi is not connected. So, I click on the name of my home WiFi & then it asks for my password. Most of the time the password is already in. Then I hit the "Join" key and nothing happens, and I am staring at the screen.

As to rebooting my router, it's a Linksys, and I am am not nerd enough to know how to do that.

=============

OK, so maybe people like me shouldn't have iPads. Problem is solved, that is, once I started using the correct password.
Many thanks for your assistance!

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SCCAguy said:

=============

OK, so maybe people like me shouldn't have iPads. Problem is solved, that is, once I started using the correct password.

:D

For the future, rebooting router is just unplugging it and plugging it back in. :)

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SCCAguy said:

=============

Ha! Pretty funny. Been there, done that. :eek: Glad things are good now and enjoy your iPad!

OP
SCCAguy

SCCAguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
richsadams said:
Ha! Pretty funny. Been there, done that. :eek: Glad things are good now and enjoy your iPad!

Well, this time I wrote down my password.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
richsadams said:

Well, this time I wrote down my password.
Good idea. If you're ever in the market for an excellent password manager, have a look at 1Password:

1Password

It not only manages all of your passwords (so you don't have to write them down, think about them, etc.) but other important things as well such as software keys, identities, etc. It will sync between your computer(s) (Mac or Windows) as well as your iPad, iPhone and so on. It's also compatible with Dropbox so no matter where you are, even if you don't have your iPad with you, you can get immediate access to any of your info on any computer. It's really nothing short of awesome. Just a thought.

Glad things are good now and enjoy!

Most reactions