What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wifi Problems

lb04081956

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Out of the blue, my Ipad 2 will no longer connect to the router. It's not the router because my son connects with his Macbook. When I log off the Wifi and log back in, it sees and connects for just a few seconds then disconnects. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
LB

Plac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lb04081956 said:
Out of the blue, my Ipad 2 will no longer connect to the router. It's not the router because my son connects with his Macbook. When I log off the Wifi and log back in, it sees and connects for just a few seconds then disconnects. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
LB

Would recommend power cycling the router and the iPad.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
L

lb04081956

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Figured out that I needed a firmware update for the router. I can now connect, but every time the iPad goes to standby, it dis connects from the router and I have to reenter the password. Would this be a router or iPad configuration problem?
Jack

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
lb04081956 said:
Figured out that I needed a firmware update for the router. I can now connect, but every time the iPad goes to standby, it dis connects from the router and I have to reenter the password. Would this be a router or iPad configuration problem?
Jack

You may want to try the below in the setting area and then re-establish the Wi-Fi network.

General
Reset
Reset network settings

Worked for me once with my Netgear 3400 Router........Ken

Most reactions