What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wifi problem

Sincere11105

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just curious... I know there is a temporary fix instructions that Apple posted. Do you think that they will put better radios in ipads and let us exchange the bad ones for the good?

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If your wifi is really bad call them. If they cant troubleshoot it I have read of others that have gotten replacements.

lp1968

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went to my local Apple Store both on Sunday and yesterday. Yesterday they replaced my unit. However I am still having an issue that it will drop my wifi. When it does this I need to put the pad to sleep and wake it up and my wifi will be back.

Maxi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wifi fix

Check your router settings. The main problem that people are having is their router is old and isn't set up properly! There is nothing wrong with the iPad.

OP
S

Sincere11105

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ill try that. But this happens in my house, my Job and my moms house

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check your router settings. The main problem that people are having is their router is old and isn't set up properly! There is nothing wrong with the iPad.

If someone has a router that has worked flawlessly for years with multiple other devices and then the iPad has an issue with it, it isn't the routers fault.

Remember not all iPads are having the issue. This would lead one to believe that there was a bad lot of several thousand WiFi cards that were installed.

Apple is not moving fast enough on this.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score

If someone has a router that has worked flawlessly for years with multiple other devices and then the iPad has an issue with it, it isn't the routers fault.

Remember not all iPads are having the issue. This would lead one to believe that there was a bad lot of several thousand WiFi cards that were installed.

Apple is not moving fast enough on this.
Apple is barely producing enough for the iPad demand out there and remember that they made a promise for the rest of the world too!

Reaction score
Website
www.kevinpurcell.org
I was sitting at a coffee shop yesterday with another guy and his MacBook was connecting without fault. My PC was connecting without fault. My iPhone was connecting without fault. My iPad could not connect at all.

I called Apple and their solution was the Restart iPhone and then Reset networks steps first, and then said restore your iPad. If that doesn't work take it to Apple store (which is 2 hours away).

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My next door neighbor came over last night wanting to check out my iPad. We were just leaving for dinner so I handed him the iPad and told him I would retrieve it when we got back. When we got home he came out with a big smile saying his wife was online ordering one. I asked him if he had WiFi, he said no the iPad logged into my network. We live on half acre lots so I would say he was about 100-120 feet from my router and several solid walls between. I would say in my case the WiFi is working great!

Techdad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
a good router and where it's located in the house can make a world of difference as far as being connected to WiFi.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A few bad units and the usual issues with routers not working well with new equipment, and you have fustration. Add the fact that they cannot produce iPads fast enough, and returns will take a while to get back into the system. This is why a lot of people wait before buying a new product. It has always been my policy to not buy a car after a major overhaul, or total redesign. It also applies to electronics, but that can be even harder to do, since they change so quickly.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The other side of it is, as an early adopter (raises hand), it is comforting to know how quickly and easily apple is handling these issues and offering replacements for those units that are in fact deemed defective. Kudos to apple for standing behind the quality of their products. I really want my 3G now.

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The other side of it is, as an early adopter (raises hand), it is comforting to know how quickly and easily apple is handling these issues and offering replacements for those units that are in fact deemed defective. Kudos to apple for standing behind the quality of their products. I really want my 3G now.

The problem is that Apple hasn't made a public statement as to what the problem actually is. Bad batch of wireless cards or something else? The article that they put up regarding iPad WiFi issues is basically calling people stupid. They need to do better and do better soon.

I am holding off on my purchase of a 3G if the WiFi situation is not resolved by their release date.

The Hooded Claw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had BAD wifi problems initially. This despite my Palm Pre connecting with no problems to wireless feeds all over. Apple recommends that dual-band routers have their different bands set up as different wireless networks. At home I have a dual b and g band router, but I never use the b (my only devices are either g or n band). So I just turned off the b band and made my router g only. This produced a DRAMATIC improvement, but I still had problems with hesitation (on other networks, as well as my own). I was still unhappy, both because of the remaining problems, and because I intend to use my iPad with strange wifi networks when I travel, and I'm not going to be able to ask my hosts to change their browser settings for my convenience!

I got an appointment at the Apple store, and the "Genius" offered to switch out my iPad within fifteen minutes. That was just a couple of days ago, no problems since. (knock on wood)

Most reactions

Latest posts