Wifi problem

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Sincere11105, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Sincere11105

Sincere11105
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Just curious... I know there is a temporary fix instructions that Apple posted. Do you think that they will put better radios in ipads and let us exchange the bad ones for the good?

2. Edlex

Edlex
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    If your wifi is really bad call them. If they cant troubleshoot it I have read of others that have gotten replacements.

3. lp1968

lp1968
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I went to my local Apple Store both on Sunday and yesterday. Yesterday they replaced my unit. However I am still having an issue that it will drop my wifi. When it does this I need to put the pad to sleep and wake it up and my wifi will be back.

4. Maxi

Maxi
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Wifi fix

Check your router settings. The main problem that people are having is their router is old and isn't set up properly! There is nothing wrong with the iPad.

5. Sincere11105

Sincere11105
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ill try that. But this happens in my house, my Job and my moms house

6. Sonny Burnett

Sonny Burnett
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    If someone has a router that has worked flawlessly for years with multiple other devices and then the iPad has an issue with it, it isn't the routers fault.

Remember not all iPads are having the issue. This would lead one to believe that there was a bad lot of several thousand WiFi cards that were installed.

Apple is not moving fast enough on this.

7. iVan

iVan
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Apple is barely producing enough for the iPad demand out there and remember that they made a promise for the rest of the world too!

8. The Gadget Pastor

The Gadget Pastor
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I was sitting at a coffee shop yesterday with another guy and his MacBook was connecting without fault. My PC was connecting without fault. My iPhone was connecting without fault. My iPad could not connect at all.

I called Apple and their solution was the Restart iPhone and then Reset networks steps first, and then said restore your iPad. If that doesn't work take it to Apple store (which is 2 hours away).

9. CaptKirk

CaptKirk
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    My next door neighbor came over last night wanting to check out my iPad. We were just leaving for dinner so I handed him the iPad and told him I would retrieve it when we got back. When we got home he came out with a big smile saying his wife was online ordering one. I asked him if he had WiFi, he said no the iPad logged into my network. We live on half acre lots so I would say he was about 100-120 feet from my router and several solid walls between. I would say in my case the WiFi is working great!

10. Techdad2

Techdad2
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    a good router and where it's located in the house can make a world of difference as far as being connected to WiFi.