Wifi problem

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by johjohjus, Dec 16, 2010.

1. johjohjus

johjohjus iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just picked up my iPad this morning. I am having a problem where after just a few minutes nothing will connect to the Internet. The wifi symbol is still in the upper left corner. When I turn wifi off then on again it will allow connections for a while. It also seems to reset when I reboot. Any suggestions? Can I take it back to the apple store?
  2. Veritas4420

Veritas4420 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    You should be able to take it back, are you trying to connect to your wifi at home? Mine had problems connecting at first then I reset my router and so far no more problems. And can you successfully connect any other device to that wifi, if you can then it might be the iPad.
  3. johjohjus

johjohjus iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes I can connect two other laptops and they both work fine.
  4. Pocobear

Pocobear iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Unplug your router/wifi device and let it sit for about 8 min. and then plug it back in.

Then: Try this, go into SETTINGS - GENERAL - NETWORK, then chose the line with your network name on it and then press the blue arrow on the right, then tap the FORGET THIS NETWORK button at the top of the page. Then setup your network again. OR, you can try to tap RENEW LEASE and see it that helps. The first option above is the best one to try, as it resets everything in the network settings. This worked for me when I had a low signal two foot from the wireless router and could not connect.

Then, if still a problem: Try a soft-reset. Close all apps then - Hold down the HOME, bottom button, and the SLEEP, top button, for about 10 seconds until the Apple icon appears. Allow it to reboot, it may take a few minutes, don't panic like I did, wait for it to reboot. Cures many weird problems on iOS devices.
  5. Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0