What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WIFI Printing

ROYL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Someone please tell me, how to print by wifi

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello Royl - welcome to the forum! :) As you might imagine my first response is whether you tried to search? There are plenty of posts on this topic - sorry!

But just to get your started, there are two main options: 1) Buy a printer that is compatible w/ Apple's AirPrint (google and you'll find Apple support providing a list of current available printer models which include HP, Canon, & Epson on the last post that I made) - this should allow you to directly print from your iPad to your compatible printer; or 2) Choose a third party app that will simulate 'Air Print' - I'm using FingerPrint on my Canon Pixma - worked fine w/ the iOS 4.x versions and I've just upgraded to iOS 5 and still works fine! There are other options for the latter but the iOS upgrade might impact on their compatibility. So, a couple of considerations - others may 'chime in' w/ additional suggestions - good luck in your selection(s) - :)

MikeV99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Print n Share lost the ability to emulate AirPrint with IOS 5.

Mike

Sent from my iPad using iPF

PS ... thanks for the FingerPrint info. I am going to try the trial version on my Windows PC tomorrow.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts