1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

WIFI Printing

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by ROYL, Oct 18, 2011.

1. ROYL

ROYL iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Someone please tell me, how to print by wifi
  2. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +755 / 0
    Hello Royl - welcome to the forum! :) As you might imagine my first response is whether you tried to search? There are plenty of posts on this topic - sorry!

But just to get your started, there are two main options: 1) Buy a printer that is compatible w/ Apple's AirPrint (google and you'll find Apple support providing a list of current available printer models which include HP, Canon, & Epson on the last post that I made) - this should allow you to directly print from your iPad to your compatible printer; or 2) Choose a third party app that will simulate 'Air Print' - I'm using FingerPrint on my Canon Pixma - worked fine w/ the iOS 4.x versions and I've just upgraded to iOS 5 and still works fine! There are other options for the latter but the iOS upgrade might impact on their compatibility. So, a couple of considerations - others may 'chime in' w/ additional suggestions - good luck in your selection(s) - :)
  3. MikeV99

MikeV99 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Print n Share lost the ability to emulate AirPrint with IOS 5.

Mike

Sent from my iPad using iPF

PS ... thanks for the FingerPrint info. I am going to try the trial version on my Windows PC tomorrow.
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2011