What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wifi printer & ipad

clermont

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Need some help, just purchased a wifi printer, hoping to use it with the iPad, we have the printer turned on, but the iPad is not connecting with the printer, it is saying no air printers found, is there something we need to do to the iPad, re the printer to get them to connect together

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Need some help, just purchased a wifi printer, hoping to use it with the iPad, we have the printer turned on, but the iPad is not connecting with the printer, it is saying no air printers found, is there something we need to do to the iPad, re the printer to get them to connect together

Did you connect the printer to the same wifi your iPad is connected to?
Which printer is it? Did you make sure before buying it that it's supported by Air Print?

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4356

Last edited:
OP
clermont

clermont

iPF Novice
Reaction score
J. A. said:
Did you connect the printer to the same wifi your iPad is connected to?
Which printer is it? Did you make sure before buying it that it's supported by Air Print?

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4356

We can't get the printer to find the wifi connection, it cannot seem to detect the wifi modem,

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
We can't get the printer to find the wifi connection, it cannot seem to detect the wifi modem,

You'll have to setup the printer to find it. It doesn't connect to the wifi itself. Did you get a description with your printer?

OP
clermont

clermont

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, hubby read through the instructions, printer searches, but can't find wifi, it is an Epsom XP-200 printer, you can see the orange and green lights flashing on the front from orange to green and back, but doesn't connect to the wifi hub, we had 3 laptops running on the wifi hub (Telstra hub) but the printer isn't one of them....

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, hubby read through the instructions, printer searches, but can't find wifi, it is an Epsom XP-200 printer, you can see the orange and green lights flashing on the front from orange to green and back, but doesn't connect to the wifi hub, we had 3 laptops running on the wifi hub (Telstra hub) but the printer isn't one of them....

Epson recommends using a USB cable to simplify wireless setup. After the printer is connected to the network, you will be prompted to remove the cable.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It doesn't look to be an airplay printer. The directions say to install software onto every system that will print to the printer

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a wireless Epson printer at home, so let me generally cover the steps:

1) on one of your PCs, start installing the software provided on the disc. At some point, you will be asked to plug the printer into the computer via USB. I cannot recall if at the latter part of the set-up it asks about setting up the wifi connection, but I believe it does.
2) I recall having to enter the SSID and password of the wifi network directly into the printer itself.
3) if, as stated above, the model is not AirPrint compatible, make sure you download the app Epson iPrint - it helps to connect to most Epson wireless printers that are not AirPrint compatible. It also gives your iPad scanning capability

OP
clermont

clermont

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok we have the printer installed properly, can print from one of the laptops, it is an airprinter... we got it to print once direct from the document, but when you open the document in the iprinter it goes through everything but tells you there is no connection,

OP
clermont

clermont

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a wireless Epson printer at home, so let me generally cover the steps:

1) on one of your PCs, start installing the software provided on the disc. At some point, you will be asked to plug the printer into the computer via USB. I cannot recall if at the latter part of the set-up it asks about setting up the wifi connection, but I believe it does.
2) I recall having to enter the SSID and password of the wifi network directly into the printer itself.
3) if, as stated above, the model is not AirPrint compatible, make sure you download the app Epson iPrint - it helps to connect to most Epson wireless printers that are not AirPrint compatible. It also gives your iPad scanning capability

Yes we got the Epson iprint app...and this printer is defiantely an airprinter

OP
clermont

clermont

iPF Novice
Reaction score
We got it...lots of fiddling around but it is working, printed a spreadsheet, PDF and a photo...Yay

Most reactions