Wifi on ipad 2 keeps disconnecting

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Bushwhacker, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Bushwhacker

Bushwhacker
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Wifi on iPad 2 keeps disconnecting at home, about once a day, or if i leave home. I can turn off an on wifi unit and iPad works again?

2. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Hello & welcome to the forum! :) From another of your posts, appears that you have upgraded to iOS 7.x - correct? If so, did the problem w/ Wi-Fi start after that installation? Do other Wi-Fi devices connect to your home network, i.e. is the problem only w/ the iPad? Can you connect the iPad to another Wi-Fi network (e.g. Starbucks, McDonalds, etc.)? These answers may help others provide more specific advice.

If not already done, I would first 'Reset' the iPad (directions below if not familiar w/ the maneuver - and be sure the Apple logo appears); if that is of no help, then 'power recycle' your modem & router (i.e. turn off the power or pull the plug, wait a little, and then in sequence re-power the modem & then the router); and if still unsuccessful, go into Settings > Wi-Fi > Info button on your active network, then select 'Forget this Network' - finally re-establish a connection; if none of these suggestions helps, then post back! - good luck! Dave

#2 giradman, Nov 17, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  3. Bushwhacker

Bushwhacker
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Thanks, yes, I have the latest update, the problem is only at home, maybe it's the router?

4. Bushwhacker

Bushwhacker
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Oh yea, I have done the restart also...

5. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Well, let us know your results from my suggestions - if none help, please post back for other suggestions - Dave :)

6. Dfwflyer

Dfwflyer
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I have a similar issue at work. It the screen lock comes on, it get kicked off the WIFI and have to relogin into the WIFI. Is there a way to keep the IPAD from turning off the WIFI? I assume it is doing it to conserve battery, but that I don't care about. If no setting, any hack?