1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Wifi off when unlock

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Jack1231, Jul 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack1231

Jack1231 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Whenever I unlock my iPad Mini now, the wifi is disconnected. Then it takes about 30 seconds to connect again. But it's the same with my brothers iPhone 5. It happens on any wifi we connect to. And it's very annoying. Please help.
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,666 / 0
    Unless your iPad (or iPhone) is connected to power, the WiFi is programmed to turn off a certain amount of time after the device is put into Sleep. This is a battery-saving feature designed by Apple and can't be changed on a stock iDevice.

However, it shouldn't take 30 seconds to re-start the WiFi. Have you checked your router settings? Or, maybe try to "reset Network Settings" in your Settings app? You'll have to add in all your WiFi spots (to include putting in the passwords), but still, maybe it'll help?

Marilyn
  3. Jack1231

Jack1231 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    But is does it all the time? Even when connected to power. It's only just started.
  4. DixieLily

DixieLily iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My iPad was doing that and then my computers, I unplugged my routers power supply to hard restart it and waited about maybe a full minute and plugged it back in. Now everything works like before and it doesn't take forever for wifi to load on my iPad anymore.
  5. Jack1231

Jack1231 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I have just resent my network on my ipad. I will tell you the results tomorrow.
  6. Jack1231

Jack1231 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Ok, I reset my network setting and my problem is resolved. Can you close this thread now please.
  7. Mickey330

Mickey330 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,666 / 0
    Thread closed per request.

Marilyn
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.