What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WiFi mystery

Evan2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First, I've never had any sort of major WiFi issues, and have owned an iPad for over a year.

I go to this brand new multi-purpose building, and need a WiFi connection for the Pad. Most businesses have their own, password-protected internet.

However, two networks are unprotected, available to all. One, on the first floor (let's say 'A'), I can easily connect to. The second one ('B'), on both the first and second floors, I used to connect to, but with constant interruptions.

To connect, there's a welcome page, and simply click 'Accept'. After the interruptions mentioned above, I would be re-directed to that page. Frustrating!

Now, I can't even connect anymore ('B'). Also, very difficult-to-impossible to talk to the building owner (I'm a visitor there).

My confusion is this:
I see both networks in my Settings
When I dble-click the multi-tasking button, it seems like the networks I see all disappear (maybe normal, don't know); even with that, I can still connect to one of the networks ('A'), as mentioned above
In both cases, THE SIGNAL IS STRONG, even though I can't connect to 'B'
Other people's laptops connect, and stay online (remember, I've never had any probs with WiFi before)

Hopefully, you can have some kind of insight/ suggestions as to what might be the problem here.

Thks for your help!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are lots of possibilities here - so let's try a simple one first.

Try completely powering down the iPad rather than simply putting it to sleep. Press - and hold - the Power button until the slider control appears, accept the offer to switch off, wait for the iPad to completely power down, then press and hold the Power button again until the white Apple logo appears.

Wait for the iPad to power up and try again. This fixes a lot of 'issues' and is always a good first step - even Apple recommend you do this occasionally.

It probably won't help but, as I said, better to try something real simple first of all. If the problem persists, come back and we'll get to the more interesting possibilities.

Tim

OP
E

Evan2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@Tim:
Well, thks for help, but they've now protected the network I was having trouble with. Too bad since I so wanted to find out what the issue was. And, I believe it was the building's IT guys doing something (not on purpose) to prevent a new type of computers (iPad) from being connected all the time.

Thks again

Most reactions

Latest posts