What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wifi & Mobile Data connection

rajatnanda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, when my IPad is connected to wifi, the Mobile Data connection also remains active. Although, the internet/download is done through wifi connection, I can still see Mobile Data signal strength on the top left corner of IPad. In my view, the Mobile data signal must go off, once wifi is connected. Please advise. thx..

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, when my IPad is connected to wifi, the Mobile Data connection also remains active. Although, the internet/download is done through wifi connection, I can still see Mobile Data signal strength on the top left corner of IPad. In my view, the Mobile data signal must go off, once wifi is connected. Please advise. thx..

That's normal behavior. Even though the WiFi is active, the cellular signal strength indicator will still show. As long as you see the WiFi "fan," though - you're good to go.

Although I don't know for sure, I would assume that's so the cellular signal can jump right in should you lose your WiFi signal. That way, it will/would be a seamless transition. But, that's only my guess why...

Marilyn

OP
rajatnanda

rajatnanda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, Thanks for yr suggestion. You are right, when the wifi connection goes off, the cellular data is automatically connected immediately. Yeah, it's a seamless transition.

Most reactions

Latest posts