1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Wifi & Mobile Data connection

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by rajatnanda, Jul 8, 2012.

1. rajatnanda

rajatnanda iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, when my IPad is connected to wifi, the Mobile Data connection also remains active. Although, the internet/download is done through wifi connection, I can still see Mobile Data signal strength on the top left corner of IPad. In my view, the Mobile data signal must go off, once wifi is connected. Please advise. thx..
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,690 / 0
    That's normal behavior. Even though the WiFi is active, the cellular signal strength indicator will still show. As long as you see the WiFi "fan," though - you're good to go.

Although I don't know for sure, I would assume that's so the cellular signal can jump right in should you lose your WiFi signal. That way, it will/would be a seamless transition. But, that's only my guess why...

Marilyn
  3. rajatnanda

rajatnanda iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, Thanks for yr suggestion. You are right, when the wifi connection goes off, the cellular data is automatically connected immediately. Yeah, it's a seamless transition.