What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WiFi Manager?

craigtaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post in here. I just bought my son’s iPad1 from him and I am having a lot of fun with it.

I live in a large home that requires two wireless routers to enable me to get wireless coverage throughout the house. Is there a WiFi app that will automatically choose the strongest signal for me? I get tired of switching networks when I move from one part of the house to another. I looked in the App Store, but I couldn't find anything.

Thanks!

Craig

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately, for a non-jail broken iPad this is not possible because the iPad's operating system, iOS, does not provide app programmers with the necessary access to the WiFi functionality.

Tim

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What you need to do, is to setup your wifi routers exactly the same, except for the channels, set one for example to channel 4 and the other to channel 6, try to keep at them at least 2 channels apart. Also make sure that your neighbors aren't using these channels nearby, if they are pick the channels that have the lowest signal strength, from those neighbors, to avoid interference. I have three wifi routers in my house and can use all my iDevices anywhere around the house with no problems. The iDevices will seek the strongest channel with the same credentials, same network name and security codes.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What you need to do, is to setup your wifi routers exactly the same, except for the channels, set one for example to channel 4 and the other to channel 6, try to keep at them at least 2 channels apart.  Also make sure that your neighbors aren't using these channels nearby, if they are pick the channels that have the lowest signal strength, from those neighbors, to avoid interference. I have three wifi routers in my house and can use all my iDevices anywhere around the house with no problems. The iDevices will seek the strongest channel with the same credentials, same network name and security codes.

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
is this ok.

[url]http://www.apple.com/ca/airportexpress/features/sharing.html

specs_details20110118.jpg
[/URL]

Most reactions