1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

WiFi Manager?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by craigtaz, Sep 27, 2011.

1. craigtaz

craigtaz iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Everyone,

This is my first post in here. I just bought my son’s iPad1 from him and I am having a lot of fun with it.

I live in a large home that requires two wireless routers to enable me to get wireless coverage throughout the house. Is there a WiFi app that will automatically choose the strongest signal for me? I get tired of switching networks when I move from one part of the house to another. I looked in the App Store, but I couldn't find anything.

Thanks!

Craig
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120 / 0
    Unfortunately, for a non-jail broken iPad this is not possible because the iPad's operating system, iOS, does not provide app programmers with the necessary access to the WiFi functionality.

Tim
  3. craigtaz

craigtaz iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok, thanks Tim.
  4. Pocobear

Pocobear iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    What you need to do, is to setup your wifi routers exactly the same, except for the channels, set one for example to channel 4 and the other to channel 6, try to keep at them at least 2 channels apart. Also make sure that your neighbors aren't using these channels nearby, if they are pick the channels that have the lowest signal strength, from those neighbors, to avoid interference. I have three wifi routers in my house and can use all my iDevices anywhere around the house with no problems. The iDevices will seek the strongest channel with the same credentials, same network name and security codes.
  5. Pocobear

Pocobear iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    What you need to do, is to setup your wifi routers exactly the same, except for the channels, set one for example to channel 4 and the other to channel 6, try to keep at them at least 2 channels apart.  Also make sure that your neighbors aren't using these channels nearby, if they are pick the channels that have the lowest signal strength, from those neighbors, to avoid interference. I have three wifi routers in my house and can use all my iDevices anywhere around the house with no problems. The iDevices will seek the strongest channel with the same credentials, same network name and security codes.
  6. Poser

Poser iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0