What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wifi loosing connection

Misho73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is anybody suffering from this problem? After a week of extensive usage I had this issue; I loose wifi connection every now and then with my home network. And I cannot have it back until I reset my router. At the beginning I thought it might be a router issue BUT other devices at home had no problem at all. Plus today I had the same problem when connected over my iPhone's personal hot spot. Did not get it back until I restarted the iPhone.
Any clue?

OP
M

Misho73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have ipad2 32 gb wifi+3G. (3G not activated yet)

lakeron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same issue and after giving my iPad a fixed ip the issue has been fixed. This is the case especially if you have a 2 wire router. Good luck

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would suspect your router

Fortunately they are cheap. I have no problems anywhere with either my iPad or my iPad2. No losing connections.

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I have lost connection a few times. My 3G bill says I have been using it at home. I didn't notice the switch until I seen the bill.
I have turned the 3G off for a few days and haven't lost connection during those days.

64GB 3G White iPad

Cryptic1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had issues with disconnects when connected to my 5G wifi, but when I switched over to the 2.4g connection the problem stopped.

Breitling65

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is anybody suffering from this problem? After a week of extensive usage I had this issue; I loose wifi connection every now and then with my home network. And I cannot have it back until I reset my router. At the beginning I thought it might be a router issue BUT other devices at home had no problem at all. Plus today I had the same problem when connected over my iPhone's personal hot spot. Did not get it back until I restarted the iPhone.
Any clue?

My hotspot also not as perfect, but mostly because of iPhone not ipad2.

OP
M

Misho73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you guys for the input. I have searched the issue and obviously lots of people had it :(
I've tried couple of things; reset the network and disabled the 3G
So far so good.
Will let u know if the trick worked.

Most reactions

Latest posts