What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wifi logo battery logo slider logo change help

spudyuk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am new to this tweaking, I am looking for a way I e step by step to change the colour or logo on the wifi logo also
Maybe change the slider icon I have tried so man they install and restart and nothing is there a simple way to change
These things please help

Spudyuk

Tiburoncariduro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
Since you're JB go to Cydia and purchase Springtomize 2 this app gives you a lot of tweaks and animations

SikYou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I already posted this screenie in another thread but i'll post it again so that you can see my status bar tweaks.

Changed the carrier name and removed the battery icon via Springtomize, added day and date to status bar with StatusBarCustomClock4, and the wifi icon is part of the theme which is PurgatoryHaz-HD.

Attachments

• image-2590665883.jpg
    image-2590665883.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 615
OP
S

spudyuk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cheers guys , although the top where it has iPad signal time battery I wanted to change the colour of all that but can't find how

SikYou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
spudyuk said:
Cheers guys , although the top where it has iPad signal time battery I wanted to change the colour of all that but can't find how

Springtomize does it ;-) Just look through the settings.

Inked adrenaline

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I already posted this screenie in another thread but i'll post it again so that you can see my status bar tweaks.

Changed the carrier name and removed the battery icon via Springtomize, added day and date to status bar with StatusBarCustomClock4, and the wifi icon is part of the theme which is PurgatoryHaz-HD.

This is a nice theme. Is the entire ui themed?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The easiest way I've found to change the WiFi signals (color, design, etc) is to download a Winterboard theme from Cydia (and, obviously, have Winterboard installed). There are plenty of status bar themes on Cydia (or use SikYou's theme, PurgatoryHaz-HD, cause you can see/know that it works on the iPad).

Then, once you've installed the theme (and know that it works with the iPad/iOS 6.1.), use something like iFunbox (a free computer program) to copy the theme over to your PC. Then, look through the theme for the files that are for the WiFi bars (you'll recognize the pictures).

Open the image(s) with a photo-editing program and change the color. Heck, you can even change the shape and size of the image (as long as you keep the same diemensions).

After you've made the changes to the theme, re-name it (so it's different from the "official" theme you got from Cydia) and then put it back in the Themes folder on the iPad (location is var/stash/Theme...).

Once the modified theme is on the iPad, open Winterboard, select that theme and respring. You should then have changed WiFi bars.

This is not an easy process - changing color/shape of stock images. But, with some time and patience, it can be done.

Hope this helps, holler if you need more.

Marilyn

Most reactions