Wifi just stopped...

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by psmoore, Oct 22, 2011.

1. psmoore

psmoore iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was on HBO GO watching a show and then all of sudden the wifi lost signal and now when I try to connect it just says can't join the network. But I know it's not a network issue as I'm at work and I'm on my laptop now and able to join the network, just not on the iPad?? Any suggestions? Thanks alot.

Paul
  2. psmoore

psmoore iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've tried hard resets, resetting all settings to factory, shutting wifi off and then back on etc. i'm out of ideas. I'll have to let you know later about it working on other networks when I get home tonight. My wifes is working fine on our router at home.
  3. psmoore

psmoore iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My home wireless connected just fine. Gonna reset everything tomorrow and then sync and see if it works tomorrow night at work or not.
  4. psmoore

psmoore iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I did check with IT at work and her iPhone worked and connected just fine to the network, but still not my iPad. When we connect we get a popup window that makes us hit Connect Now button to connect. No window will pop up. I have block pop ups turned off in the settings.. UGH.. Any suggestions would be great.
  5. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +857 / 0
    Hi PSMoore - sounds as if you have a tricky network issue - not sure that I can help, but putting up repeated posts by yourself will likely discourage others from even looking at your thread, i.e. assume that others have responded - just something I tend to do - :)

But from your many posts I'm still not sure if your issue(s) is w/ your home router and/or work site? You might want to provide some more information as to what you really want to do as your first priority?

Normally, I would suggest a restart/reset, esp. the latter (are you sure that your did this correctly by simultaneously pressing the On-Sleep & Home buttons?) - the next step would be to open the iPad settings and select to 'forget' the network and then start again; finally I would completely 'power recycle' my home devices, i.e. modem/router by turning off the power and starting up again.

If none of this helps, then please post back - you might need the advice from some of our 'network' experts - good luck! :)
  6. psmoore

psmoore iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the reply. The reason I kept replying to my own thread is that I was trying to provide as much information as possible for someone to potentially help with.

I can connect with my home router. I cannot connect with work router (I can with my laptop but not the iPad).

I did a restart/reset (and yes correctly).

In settings/wifi I see the current public one I want to join (and have been able to up until after IOS 5 upgrade) and there is no way to "forget" it. It just isn't an option for me.

When I was able to connect at work I would get a pop up window from the hospital I work at with a button to click to connect. Now I don't get those popups anymore. I did go to settings/safari and turned "off" pop up blocker.

Thanks for any help.