What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wifi Issue with OS 4.2

aramb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello! I am new to this forum (1st post) and am thankful there is something like this that might be able to help me with a major frustration with my iPad.

The first time I turn on my iPad after not having used it for 10-12 hours, it seemingly does not connect to the internet. When I open safari and enter a web address or search term into the google search box, the blue status bar appears on the left side of the address window and moves right about a 1/2 inch and then stops.

However, the iPad DOES say that it is connected to my network and receiving a full wifi signal. In order to make the internet work, I have to disconnect from the network and re-connect, or sometimes do a reset (hold the button until the apple appears on screen). I am using WPA2 encryption. My router is a Linksys WRT160Nv2 with current firmware. Any suggestions on how to correct this? I have been to the Apple store several times regarding this issue (and of course it never acts up while it is there) and they say there is no known issues and they cannot help me.

Thanks for any suggestions...

Aram

Most reactions

Latest posts